2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    What the fuck? Really? Idiot Blue Jays......grrr.
    This surprised me too. I am hoping this is a short term send down.

Comment

• Dalton Pompey optioned to Triple-A Buffalo

Comment

• Drew Hutchison - 9K, 5H, 1BB in 6IP against a slumping HOU team.
        Light at the end of a tunnel, or continue the face dive off the cliff??
        Please discuss.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Bautista-

What does the rest of his season look like?

I am looking at a deal to get him and Reyes but am concerned that the Blue Jays might still be hurting with the injured underperforming Bautista

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
            Drew Hutchison - 9K, 5H, 1BB in 6IP against a slumping HOU team.
            Light at the end of a tunnel, or continue the face dive off the cliff??
            Please discuss.
            Dominated the White Sox too. Of course he was on my bench. I am thinking there's a 50/50 shot the light at the end of the tunnel is daylight and not a train.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Bautista-

What does the rest of his season look like?

I am looking at a deal to get him and Reyes but am concerned that the Blue Jays might still be hurting with the injured underperforming Bautista
              I have had both of them on my team all season and they are a big part of the reason my team is floundering mid-pack. Hopefully the cortisone shot Bautista received can get his shoulder healthy enough to start bombing again. And can Reyes stay healthy enough to get 400 or so AB's the rest of the season?

Really depends on who you would be giving up because both are risky at this point, well riskier than they normally have been

Comment

• I know he isn't this good, I know he had a hot streak last April and then sucked all year, I know he's a quad-A guy... but over the last month Chris Colabello has been a top-50 player in mixed leagues.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  I know he isn't this good, I know he had a hot streak last April and then sucked all year, I know he's a quad-A guy... but over the last month Chris Colabello has been a top-50 player in mixed leagues.
                  ... and I know that this isn't worth the pixels it's typed on, but having seen him play this year in person & on the screen a fair bit, I have come away thinking that if this guy gets the playing time he is worth rostering. If you have him, ride him while he's hot.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Here's a strange baseball factoid - since April 12, Jose Reyes's OBP is lower than his BA.
                    Last edited by TranaGreg; 06-01-2015, 02:00 PM.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      Here's a strange baseball factoid - since April 12, Jose Reyes's OBP is lower than his BA.
                      I was trying to figure out how this could happen. wikipedia has a nice summary.

"For small numbers of at-bats, it is possible (though unlikely) for a player's on-base percentage to be lower than his batting average (H/AB). This happens when a player has almost no walks or times hit by pitch, with a higher number of sacrifice flies (e.g. if a player has 2 hits in 6 at-bats plus a sacrifice fly, his batting average would be .333, but his on-base percentage would be .286). The player who experienced this phenomenon with the most number of at-bats over a full season was Ernie Bowman. In 1963, with over 125 at-bats, Bowman had a batting average of .184 and an on-base percentage of .181."

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I did the math for Reyes: in 70 ABs, BA .257; OBP .250

edit: thinking about this a bit more, I think this is a fault with the OBP calculation. I understand the idea of adding ABs + HBP + BB + SF to come up with the total number of plate appearances, but I think the same logic should apply for OBP as for BA with respect to SFs ... that is, if a hitter is sacrificing themselves to move a baserunner it does not equate to a typical AB where the hitter did not get on base. IMO SF's should be removed from the denominator of the equation.

it wouldn't surprise me if this has already been discussed here ... but in case not I wanted to register my complaint for posterity.

edit II: I read the following from the same wikipedia page that virgo linked to above ...
                        Sacrifice bunts (sacrifice hits since 1954), which would lower a batter's on-base percentage, are not included in the calculation for on-base percentage, as bunting is an offensive strategy – often dictated by the manager – the use of which does not necessarily reflect on the batter's ability and should not be used to penalize him.
                        Interesting that SacBunts's are considered an offensive strategy, but SF's are not. I fundamentally disagree & still think that SF's should be treated the same as SacBunts
                        Last edited by TranaGreg; 06-01-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Drew Hutchison has to be one of the most boom-or-bust pitchers to come along in awhile. He's so hard to start because once you think he's got it figured out, he gets a shellacking like the one he was handed tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Drew Hutchison has to be one of the most boom-or-bust pitchers to come along in awhile. He's so hard to start because once you think he's got it figured out, he gets a shellacking like the one he was handed tonight.
                            Thanks for not commenting on what the Jays did after he left the game!

Shhhh!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Thanks for not commenting on what the Jays did after he left the game!

Shhhh!!!!
                              Not sure I've ever seen a boxscore with two consecutive pitchers having not recorded a single out.

Comment

• When I turned on the game it was 0-4. w00t!

Now go get Papelbon and Harang!

Comment

Working...
                                X