2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Drew Hutchison has to be one of the most boom-or-bust pitchers to come along in awhile. He's so hard to start because once you think he's got it figured out, he gets a shellacking like the one he was handed tonight.
    One of the few good moves I've made this year was not starting Hutchison this week. He's only worth thinking about starting at home.

Of course I also benched Anibal even though I thought he might get a lot of Ks against the Cubs.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• What are the chances Stroman pitches this year? A team below me in the standings is willing to move a $2 Stroman (2016 only).

Stroman wants to pitch, the team says it's unlikely. I figure they handle him with kid gloves, so he's a lottery ticket keeper.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I'm banking on him being a 2016 lottery ticket. I can't see the Jays risking him this year
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• if they're in the hunt in Sept (and in the AL east it seems nobody is going to run away with it), they'll use him if he's ready.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Devon Travis activated, will start again at 2B. Goins to move back into a sub role. Kawasaki shuffling on back to Buffalo.

just as a sidebar comment about the depth (or lack of) in the rotation, tomorrow's starter is likely to be either Matt Boyd or Felix Doubront (yes, he's with the Jays now).

In case you don't know anything about Boyd (I didn't), he started the year in AA: 1.10 ERA and a 70/18 K/BB ratio in 73.2 innings; not bad, though apparently he pitches up in the zone a lot.
            Last edited by TranaGreg; 06-26-2015, 03:45 PM.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Is he related to Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd?

Comment

• random stat I discovered while deciding whether to start Buchholz against TOR this week (answer: no):

Toronto vs lefties, as a team: .311/.376/.496, or approximately Freddie Freeman.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  random stat I discovered while deciding whether to start Buchholz against TOR this week (answer: no):

Toronto vs lefties, as a team: .311/.376/.496, or approximately Freddie Freeman.
                  too bad about that mjl ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Is he related to Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd?
                    from wikipedia:

Personal life
                    Boyd is distantly related to Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Feller, as well as former First Lady of the United States Dolley Madison.
                    So, probably not.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• so last year ended with Lawrie, Reyes and Navarro ... we now have Donaldson, Tulo and Martin. Fewer arms in the farm but still enough to go 'round.

that's a pretty nice upgrade.

Comment

• pinch me.

Comment

• Seems the Blue Jays tried to get Carlos Carrasco, but it fell through.

Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Bautista just pulled up lame running to first. Grabbing his hammy but still standing, not writhing on the ground in pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Bautista just pulled up lame running to first. Grabbing his hammy but still standing, not writhing on the ground in pain.
                              a couple of tweets from JoeyBats last night after the game ...

Jose Bautista ‏@JoeyBats19 11h11 hours ago
                              Tough loss tonight, on to the next one. For those of you who actually care it was just a cramp. I expect to be in there tomorrow. #GoJays
                              and another one, maybe directed at me ...

Jose Bautista ‏@JoeyBats19 10h10 hours ago
                              For the ones playing psychologist over my comments re trade how about this: understand what people try to say, dont let media manipulate you

Comment

• The Travis and Bautista injuries (and being one man short because Tulo hadn't arrived yet) forced Russell Martin to play 2B in the 9th inning last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X