- the Pawn Stars crew
    - Donald Trump
    - Conor McGregor and a bunch of other UFC fighters
    - Dana White
    - Johnny Damon
    - Mike Ditka
    - Stephen Baldwin
    - Donald Trump
    With a couple of exceptions, this is my list somewhat. I try not to support and present or future projects of those I've stepped away from, but I doubt I'd turn off a movie/show that included one of these folks in the cast. I don't really run into that too much.

What I DO stay true to is not supporting certain corporate entities whom I believe have vile policies such as Chic Fila, Hobby Lobby and such.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Honestly, "canceling" people because they support a candidate/politician you dont like means you should be canceling half of everyone you know, friend or foe. Why cant people just agree to disagree anymore? This shit is stupid. Also, never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Honestly, "canceling" people because they support a candidate/politician you dont like means you should be canceling half of everyone you know, friend or foe. Why cant people just agree to disagree anymore? This shit is stupid. Also, never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking again.
        Well, it has morphed into that for some, but I think the original question was more about being able to watch rapists/child molesters, not folks you disagree with. I watch plenty of repubs. I can understand why business owners like Harrison support republicans. I might feel different if he were at the Jan 6th inssurection and denied the election. But yeah, caring about who someone votes is impossible. And if you go back far enough, lots of legends did really bad things. But as Gregg said, it is just a taste thing. If someone was recently exposed as committing horrible crimes, it makes it hard for many to look at them and get lost in a movie. I don't think that is stupid. I think it is natural.

Separate from that normal response, yeah, cancel culture is largely about internet nobodies wanting to find relevance by starting the latest witch hunt. Sometimes it does good, like with Cosby. It also often goes too far, encourages stone casting from glass houses, and sometimes focuses on things that are not relevant or all that important to someone's work.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Apparently, a lot of Led Zeppelin fans are able to get past Jimmy Page dating a 13-year old girl back in the 1970's.
          I hadn't heard the Jimmy Page story, but the Steven Tyler pedo story is pretty brutal.

"In 1975, Steven Tyler convinced the parents of 14 year old groupie Julia Holcomb (Holcolm) to sign over guardianship to him so that she could live with him in Boston.

Tyler who was 27 at the time, dated and did drugs with Holcolm for 3 years before they eventually broke up after unplanned pregnancy which resulted in an abortion. Tyler returned Julia to her parents at the age of 17."

http://www.feelnumb.com/2011/01/22/s...d-over-to-him/
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I hadn't heard the Jimmy Page story, but the Steven Tyler pedo story is pretty brutal.

"In 1975, Steven Tyler convinced the parents of 14 year old groupie Julia Holcomb (Holcolm) to sign over guardianship to him so that she could live with him in Boston.

Tyler who was 27 at the time, dated and did drugs with Holcolm for 3 years before they eventually broke up after unplanned pregnancy which resulted in an abortion. Tyler returned Julia to her parents at the age of 17."

Steven Tyler, Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley.....the list of musicians who dated underage girls goes on and on.

A quick google search turned up this article on the subject: https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/musi...r-page-7980930
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I wouldn't buy a my-pillow.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I wouldn't buy a my-pillow.
                Perhaps my favorite RJ thread of all time

---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Perhaps my favorite RJ thread of all time

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...hlight=chicken
                  well, maybe my second favorite
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Rain day off work for me, so I'll add a few more.

Marilyn Manson - loved Manson in high school, but I can't listen to it with positive nostalgia knowing what a creep he is in real life.

Crystal Castles - Played one of the best live shows ever, in which the lead singer had a broken leg in a cast. Later found out the dude in the group sexually assaulted Alice Glass repeatedly, and I can't even really enjoy the albums anymore given that knowledge.

Swans - I loved Swans and Angels of Light until finding out he sexually assaulted a woman he worked with. Can't go back to it.

The NFL - Used to enjoy both CFL and NFL, but knowing the damage done to the athletes makes it impossible to enjoy. No judgment to those who look past it, but I can't.

Michael Jackson - Grew up loving MJ, but I just can't enjoy anymore, given everything.

Joe Rogan - His rapid shift to right wing boomer conspiracy guy is untenable.

Jimmy Dore - See Rogan.

Justin Bieber - Never enjoyed him, so its hard to call this a cancelation, but damn his scam buying and mass re-selling his own tickets is awful. Despicable human.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Tom Segura - I enjoy his comedy, Your Mom's House Isa funny show, but I stopped watching after his appearance on Joe Rogan in which he agreed with a bunch of Rogan's right wing propaganda. Rogan said Justin Trudeau's vaccine mandate was authoritarian, Segura just nodded along. It's pathetic that Segura feels the need to coddle Rogan for money. Not supporting that. Same thing goes for Ari Shaffir and Bert Kreischer. Just leeches pedaling right wing idiocy in exchange for money whenever given the chance.

Woody Allen - Loved several of his movies, but I don't think I could re-watch anymore.

R. Kelly - I loved Trapped in the Closet, loved his album Double Up, and several others. Given that all his content is about sex, hard or impossible to re-visit and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

She just filed a lawsuit against Steven Tyler for sexual assault. I'm reading that the ages were 16 & 25 when they met. Still illegal though.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X