Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Any of you guys watched Sweet Tooth? It’s a post-apocalyptic story about a pandemic that ravaged the world and wiped out most of humanity. Oh, and there are human-animal hybrid kids who get hunted and who lots of folks blame for the virus. Shockingly exceelent.
    Have not seen it yet, but like the comic it is based on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Any of you guys watched Sweet Tooth? It’s a post-apocalyptic story about a pandemic that ravaged the world and wiped out most of humanity. Oh, and there are human-animal hybrid kids who get hunted and who lots of folks blame for the virus. Shockingly exceelent.
      It’s on my list, but I will bump it up.

We tried Physical on Apple TV tonight, largely because I thought a show set in the early 1980s would be in my wheelhouse, but it was most unexceeelent and I tossed it after 20 wasted minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I’ve completely changed my tune on Watchmen. It’s confusing as all hell, with millions of flashbacks and scenes with little to no info, but I’ve grown to love it.

Just finished it and I thought it was great. It's funny that I responded to this post with a recommendation of The Leftovers, as they were both created by Damon Lindelof, (which I didn't know at that time).
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Just finished it and I thought it was great. It's funny that I responded to this post with a recommendation of The Leftovers, as they were both created by Damon Lindelof, (which I didn't know at that time).
          A buddy of mine who is a part-time actor had a scene in The Leftovers. I'll try and find it and post it here if possible.

Comment

• Leverage Redemption's first 8 episodes dropped over the weekend. I watched episode 1 last night and it had the same energy and fun of the original. Noah Wiley lacks Timothy Hutton's gravitas, but it plays up all the other characters. Aldis Hodge time is going to be limited due to other commitments but will still be part of the show from time to time.

The only downside was figuring out what I had to do to get IMBD TV so I could watch it. Ended up with an app on my X-Box.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Loki is the best of the new Marvel TV shows, all of which have been exceelent, imo. Looking forward to the finale tomorrow. Hope to check out Spandex Johansen, aka Black Widow, in the near future, too.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Season 2 of Godfather of Harlem is really weel done, exceelent writing, exceelent acting. I think I've enjoyed it even more than Season 1. Still 4 eps to air in August to end the season.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  Season 2 of Godfather of Harlem is really weel done, exceelent writing, exceelent acting. I think I've enjoyed it even more than Season 1. Still 4 eps to air in August to end the season.
                  When you think about it - Forrest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Giancarlo Esposito, Chazz Palminteri & Paul Sorvino -- how could you go wrong?

Comment

When you think about it - Forrest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Giancarlo Esposito, Chazz Palminteri & Paul Sorvino -- how could you go wrong?
                    I thought he just had Tommy John

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I thought he just had Tommy John
                      no, but he does have a Tommy Gun
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        no, but he does have a Tommy Gun
                        They used to be the Colt 45s so I guess that checks out.

Comment

but maybe the best acting in this series is Nigel Thatch as Malcom X, he is awesome

Comment

• The Field of Dreams Game was so much more than I thought it would be. So much fun.

Well done MLB and Fox well done.

Comment

• The opening drone sequence in last night's Hard Knocks was amazing:

Comment

• Any 30 Rock fans? I've watched 1st season while on COVID quarantine. It's pretty funny, though not sure how well it'll hold up in subsequent seasons.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X