No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stopped watch Justified after the pilot, which was really corny and badly wrote ... it must have improved 10x judging by its popular in these parts (and 8.8 rating on IMDB)

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Have any of you guys watched The River? I just caught tonight's episode and thought it was pretty compelling. I didn't really know anything about this show but might have to catch it next week. Creepy show, though.
      I heard some good things about it ... I'll have to give it a shot.

Comment

• Wife and I watched the pilot of Awake on NBC last week. I thought it was interesting and worth a 2nd watch.

Essentially a cop show with a twist about a man who had an accident and has two lives, one awake and one a dream. His wife is alive/son dead in one and wife dead/son alive in the other. Also, has a different partner in one and story line in one vs other. They tried to tie a few things together with each alternative universe which is kind of neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          Better news (at least for me) Justified is renewed for a 4th full season...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...h-season-.html
          And me too!

It is my favorite show on television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            And me too!

This has been another very good season. Jonny, if you stopped at the pilot episode, you may want to give it another shot, particularly season 2, which may be one of the best TV seasons ever.

As for the River, it's a good, solid horror series. The creepy is done very well, though it could stand to have some more likable characters. The ratings are pretty poor, so it's doubtful this gets a second season.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
              Wife and I watched the pilot of Awake on NBC last week. I thought it was interesting and worth a 2nd watch.

Essentially a cop show with a twist about a man who had an accident and has two lives, one awake and one a dream. His wife is alive/son dead in one and wife dead/son alive in the other. Also, has a different partner in one and story line in one vs other. They tried to tie a few things together with each alternative universe which is kind of neat.
              I agree. We'll be watching it again. Seems like there's also a bit of a back-story on the accident itself that will hopefully evolve over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                And me too!

Why? I only just learned that it is based on Elmore Leonards stuff, which I love, is that it? I really enjoyed Timothy Oliphant in Deadwood, and come on, I'll watch anything with Cletus Van Damme in it, but I too thought the pilot was weak, and gave up on it after that.
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  Why? I only just learned that it is based on Elmore Leonards stuff, which I love, is that it? I really enjoyed Timothy Oliphant in Deadwood, and come on, I'll watch anything with Cletus Van Damme in it, but I too thought the pilot was weak, and gave up on it after that.
                  I think Raylan has become a great character as the lead of the show. Boyd has been consistently interesting as a villan type. Season 2 is when it really hit its stride as we got a wonderful performance from Emmy winner Margo Martindale as Mag Bennett. I could see skipping season 1 and being ok with starting in season 2 as it has been great TV since then all though I really liked season 1 too. This year we have some new vilain types that have been great it is a very good show.

Comment

• The Walking Dead last night: dayyyum!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      The Walking Dead last night: dayyyum!!
                      I haven't seen it yet ... but I think I got spoilered on another website!

Comment

• I actually liked season 1 of Justified better than season 2. Any scene with Raylan and Boyd in it is quality TV.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          The Walking Dead last night: dayyyum!!
                          that last scene was great! can't wait til next week's episode

Comment

• This looks really cool:

Acclaimed filmmaker and one of the main creative forces behind AMC’s The Walking Dead, Frank Darabont, is starting up a new television series on TNT entitled L.A. Noir.

Before you get too riled up, no, this series apparently has nothing to do with Rockstar Games’ genre hit. That game was L.A. Noire - with an “e” tacked on the end. Darabont’s new series will be based on the non-fiction book by author John Buntin, with an actual title of L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America’s Most Seductive City.

Buntin’s book chronicles the longstanding struggle between then Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker and infamous mobster Mickey Cohen – which will also be the subject of Zombieland director Ruben Fleischer’s upcoming crime drama flick, The Gangster Squad. Of course, such a topic becomes incredibly tantalizing in the hands of a storyteller like Darabont, and after the success HBO has had with its own period drama Boardwalk Empire (similarly crafted by Terence Winter from the non-fiction book: Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times and Corruption of Atlantic City), it’s easy to see why TNT might be eager to get this project rolling.

Comment

• I remember regularly going to Aint It Cool News when I first started using the internet in about 1998 ... by the looks of it, they haven't updated the interface since then. Brutally ugly website.

Comment

• While The Walking Dead has been dramatic, there are some significant plot holes that are extremely annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X