Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I used to hate Willie Nelson. Now I don't know what I was thinking back then.
    Really? I think he's probably the most beloved musician on the planet at this point.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• we made it. motored the whole way w/o sails. had the tiller upside down for a mile or two while cargo military planes flew over us. probably using us for training laughing at the guys with their rudder handle upside down. I felt like Jeff Goldblum in independence day asking if this was going to happen the whole way.

the police pulled up to us when we got near the destination. except they were called fire and rescue. they had nice radar. probably saw us coming from 20 miles way for all I know. ..I know those guys in the military cargo plane gave us a couple flyovers. like Top Gun, this is Maverick requesting a flyby. negative Maverick the pattern is full, hehe.

the RV guy isn't happy living on a mooring. I was only really there to find the best shelter for his dog. but he's lost everything. so I also bought a boat. to be next to him to be next to the next crises. my boat will take farther to sail. will have to use sails.

it's just life. also, I get seasick. it sucks. I always got car sick. could never ride wild rides at amusement parks. my schoolmates would laugh at me for throwing up.

yet, I can eat anything out of date or not get sick, go figure.

oh! these little discrepancies.

Comment

• I wouldn't say Covid made me buy a boat to prepare for an apocalypse. but it's a lot more convenient than going to Alaska and shooting your own food. yet. it's a skill. it seems like a hard skill. that ocean gets choppy. fucking dingy is more like an airplane. not afraid of jellyfish not sure if i should be.

turning fish into beef jerky. hmm, it sounds tasty, right?

Comment

• you know, the only sure correlation between quantum mechanics and relativity is in mechanics if you interact with the measurement it collapses, and in relativity in order to separate the two forces and measure gravity, the entire experiment would collapse into a black hole. https://www.quantamagazine.org/why-g...rces-20200615/ studying gravity is pretty cool.

each force prevents you from knowing. and it's not like we don't know what we are doing. there's no way to measure them. the universe prevents us.

...when you look at animals on this planet. they are your four-legged children. if there is no heaven, and we are being created and ruled by some kind of cosmic super-species, than we are living in a cage too like them. and we are peers.

Comment

• if you were to listen to the song one vision by queen, in the song they say 'one race, one real religion'. even though they mean like John Lennon one country, one people, like everyone coming together.. are we going hear that song someday and all woke and misinterpret or judge the past from the present and think the song is misspeaking.

I always liked B-Fly's definition of freedom, only when people are being hurt should you draw a line.

and when people were hurt in the past, the whole point is not grievance but remembrance, the whole point of remembering is so something bad doesn't happen again. grievance is not vengeance but remembrance. it can be east to forget.
            grievance only repeats the cycle.

Comment

• in the wild you don't see brown bears fighting with black bears because they look different, or Siberian tigers fighting Bengal tigers, or Asian elephants fighting African elephants.

it's only humans that pull that crap. why would you need to live with humans when you can live with something better.

Comment

• actually I think one vision, one race, one nation, one hope and everything else in the song ends up fried chicken. so my animal analogy... that song seems politically incorrect on many levels. heh ohwell

Comment

• https://www.quantamagazine.org/emery...esia-20210426/ not a big fan of interviews but interesting insights into anesthesia. when I was 16 and in a mental hospital they measured my brain waves while asking me questions. not sure what they were looking for.

if I knew then what I know now, I would've verbally ripped into them for being amateur brain wave plagiarists. what can they do but just compare the EKG to other ones. which provides no insights.

no-one in this world really knows what they are doing.

Wave Chaser. like an old man trying to send soup back at a deli. i didn't find this sailboat, it found me.

Comment

• when an animal sleeps next to you, there's a level of trust that goes beyond reality. you could very well roll over and injure it. it happens sometimes, an elephant makes friends with a sheep and accidentally rolls over it in it's sleep.

it's an understanding of your consciousness. they know, even in your deepest state you are still aware of them next to you.

Comment

• one of the great things about the 90's music, hairbands like Zebra, Warrant, Dokken.. it died such an ugly death. like the music suddenly became outcaste never to be played again. i'd include Rat, but, no-one now will ever truly know Rat.

but it's not because the music was bad. which makes you a living hairband historian. you can pull any song from that era out of your ass and people will be like, wow, I didn't know.

Comment

• The SUNY system plans to require vaccination in the fall, but it is contingent on full FDA approval of at least one vaccine. It seems optimistic that will happen before September, but maybe, and it won't take much longer than that, it seems.

Comment

• On January 8th, when Former Guy was still (shudder) posing as the President and being too concerned with things like The Big Lie, ratings and his own ego, the US hit an all-time high of 301,000 cases in one day. Just four months later, the US reported 16,616 new cases, the lowest in any day since March 25, 2020.

#thanksJoe

Comment

• I have to admit, it's still way too bizarre to understand that Former Guy's strategy to deal with covid was to hope no one got tested. And people in his godforsaken regime encouraged that.

Can you imagine if say, Pres. Biden said he wanted to cure cancer so he would tell people not to get checked for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I have to admit, it's still way too bizarre to understand that Former Guy's strategy to deal with covid was to hope no one got tested. And people in his godforsaken regime encouraged that.

Can you imagine if say, Pres. Biden said he wanted to cure cancer so he would tell people not to get checked for it?
                              As much as I despise the guy (and trust me, I can't stand him), I don't think that was actually his strategy.

Remember, we're talking about a guy with an extremely limited vocabulary. Everything is "super" and "fabulous". Frankly he's a terrible, terrible communicator *except* to those with similar limitations in their vocabulary.

The point he was attempting to make early on in the pandemic was that the positive COVID test increase in the US relative to other countries was at least partially due to the fact that we were testing more people than other countries were. Which makes sense, given the asymptomatic rate, if we test more asymptomatic people than other countries are testing, we will have a relatively higher count when compared to the actual infection rate.

He failed miserably at communicating that (like he failed in numerous other ways). If he had explained that phenomenon intelligently, no one would be making fun of him. Granted, that's an impossible ask since it's not "super" or "fabulous".

But I don't think it was ever his "strategy" to combat COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                As much as I despise the guy (and trust me, I can't stand him), I don't think that was actually his strategy.

Remember, we're talking about a guy with an extremely limited vocabulary. Everything is "super" and "fabulous". Frankly he's a terrible, terrible communicator *except* to those with similar limitations in their vocabulary.

The point he was attempting to make early on in the pandemic was that the positive COVID test increase in the US relative to other countries was at least partially due to the fact that we were testing more people than other countries were. Which makes sense, given the asymptomatic rate, if we test more asymptomatic people than other countries are testing, we will have a relatively higher count when compared to the actual infection rate.

He failed miserably at communicating that (like he failed in numerous other ways). If he had explained that phenomenon intelligently, no one would be making fun of him. Granted, that's an impossible ask since it's not "super" or "fabulous".

But I don't think it was ever his "strategy" to combat COVID.
                                I agree. His real strategy was injecting disinfectant and sunlight .

Comment

Working...
                                X