Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I agree. His real strategy was injecting disinfectant and sunlight .
    Don't forget the UV rays up the kiester
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I have to admit, it's still way too bizarre to understand that Former Guy's strategy to deal with covid was to hope no one got tested. And people in his godforsaken regime encouraged that.

Can you imagine if say, Pres. Biden said he wanted to cure cancer so he would tell people not to get checked for it?
      We should all just be thankful that it disappeared last Easter like a miracle even though it was a Democratic hoax to begin with but also should give former guy credit for dealing so well with the thing that wasn't really a big deal but also sort of a big deal even though he always wanted to play it down and said it was just like the regular flu even though he knew it was unbelievably serious and it was actually those sneaky doctors just trying to make a buck off of you by lying about the virus (but not the super real, not at all quacks, doctors who he promoted that were super serious real doctors who said hydroxychloroquine was the cure and also, didn't you know, this is a PLANdemic) but just give him your thanks you ungrateful fuck.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        We should all just be thankful that it disappeared last Easter like a miracle even though it was a Democratic hoax to begin with but also should give former guy credit for dealing so well with the thing that wasn't really a big deal but also sort of a big deal even though he always wanted to play it down and said it was just like the regular flu even though he knew it was unbelievably serious and it was actually those sneaky doctors just trying to make a buck off of you by lying about the virus (but not the super real, not at all quacks, doctors who he promoted that were super serious real doctors who said hydroxychloroquine was the cure and also, didn't you know, this is a PLANdemic) but just give him your thanks you ungrateful fuck.
        Hear Hear!! (Here Here?)
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          As much as I despise the guy (and trust me, I can't stand him), I don't think that was actually his strategy.

Remember, we're talking about a guy with an extremely limited vocabulary. Everything is "super" and "fabulous". Frankly he's a terrible, terrible communicator *except* to those with similar limitations in their vocabulary.

The point he was attempting to make early on in the pandemic was that the positive COVID test increase in the US relative to other countries was at least partially due to the fact that we were testing more people than other countries were. Which makes sense, given the asymptomatic rate, if we test more asymptomatic people than other countries are testing, we will have a relatively higher count when compared to the actual infection rate.

He failed miserably at communicating that (like he failed in numerous other ways). If he had explained that phenomenon intelligently, no one would be making fun of him. Granted, that's an impossible ask since it's not "super" or "fabulous".

But I don't think it was ever his "strategy" to combat COVID.
          Oh I get it. But even asymptomatic people can easily spread it to others, and that’s likely what happened as to why it spread so much.

But if he had his way, no one would have gotten tested and you would have just guessed what you may have had as you lay on your deathbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            But even asymptomatic people can easily spread it to others, and that’s likely what happened as to why it spread so much.
            Not relevant to the idea that testing more actually does make your count go up compared to others who don't have the means to test.

Originally posted by revo View Post
            But if he had his way, no one would have gotten tested and you would have just guessed what you may have had as you lay on your deathbed.
            That's not at all what he was saying. I feel like there's so much to make fun of that buffoon for, incorrectly referencing his strategy on something like this actually does more harm than good. But oh well.

Comment

• a really bad disease is when it effects EVERYONE the same. and I am not even sure is that is because of science or sociology or both. AIDS and Cancer and Ebola. that is something an advanced species can ALL rally to. but a disease that affects some of the species but no EVERYONE the same. there is going to be gaps in our fight against such a disease. and it's not about whether we should fight it or not, we should ALL rally against every disease. because we can.

..I went and did my taxes last week. it was great I finally did it. and I wiped my nose under my mask. I think I got covid. I can pinpoint when it happened, but I was only sick for a day. I was definitely sick. was it a cold or the flu? it couldn't be. I know what a cold or flu feels like. I've always had a super-immune system. I had pets, I spent my life buried in dirt. I am Oscar Madison from the odd couple. even now being an alcoholic, and my immune system shit, I spent 50 years challenging my immune system.

and that is how it is in fly over country. these people had their noses in cow shit. they have pets, hygiene theory. I haven't got tested. I am against the vaccines. my god! I have become anti-vaxx. I knew that was going to happen. https://ijvtpr.com/index.php/IJVTPR/article/view/23 Worse Than the Disease? Reviewing Some Possible Unintended Consequences of the mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19 ... International Journal of Vaccine Theory, Practice, and Research

who the fuck are those posers and how has that not created a shit show yet? prion disease scares the fuck out of me.

so here I am some ignorant person that thinks he got infected and it was really something else and I think, people dying are unlucky. and they didn't deserve it, even though no-one deserves it, yet we all fucking deserve it. but, there's old people that by no fault of their own made bad choices politically that enabled this so-called gluttony that consumes us. and there are people that have comorbid conditions we induced ourselves.

so where does nature come in. is she some cruel and unusual santa clause abusing the reindeer.

I can tell you that it's getting worse. I am living the life of a Trump voter (I don't vote). everyday I can see why they do it. and you have to see it everyday to understand why. you have to live it. and everything going on right now is reinforcing our views. everything bad they have been saying about us liberals is coming true.

it was hard being careful while I thought I was infected. the scariest thing I am worried about was getting worse tinnitus. but i'll never know if I never get tested. I wear double masks. and i'll be continuing to do so for years.

but how much sense can you trust me to make when I think Typhoid Mary got a raw deal.

Comment

• I also think people are so stupid, they did an experiment with cats where they draw a square on the floor and cats sit in it. and this is because cats are notoriously difficult to train for experiments.

and they said it was because cats like hiding spots like boxes. you think cats didn't influence Schrodinger. that's how nature works. discover the atom structure at a race track watching horses. or gravity under a tree. or AC electricity while walking around and drawing in the dirt. Tesla even credits his cat starting his curiosity in static electricity.

no, cats sit where they think you want them to. not because it's an optical illusion experiment drawn on a floor.

Comment

• it's like the song by Toto Africa, frightened by this thing that I have become. ..it's such a nice song. it became popular with the youth today because it was in grand theft auto.

the RV got drunk, just like something I would do here when I drink, but it was real life. I don't know what is wrong with people. it's really like living in the twilight zone. but he freaked out. so now I am taking a few months to prepare to move my boat from CT to MA. I am going to sail it. when I am ready.

I've completely lost trust in people. I don't know how the world could change that much in 20 years. but the world is different. talking here is great, but not so much in the real world. nobody has any basic people skills anymore. that's the greatest strain on society. not a virus.

Comment

• I think Hydra is Toto's best song.

Comment

• look at the world through the eye's of a cat. the other night I came out of my RV to take a piss and hear munching going on in the woods behind me. I have to admit I was slightly scared. got a flashlight and there's my cat eating a rabbit like Hannibal Lector. a baby rabbit she had brought me days earlier and she watched me let him go.

I want everyone here to ask themselves, what kind of person are you. if the apocalypse happened tomorrow, would you rape and kill and steal and turn cannibal? I wouldn't. I know I wouldn't. I would die before I did that. that's my measuring stick of people. and I think 90% of the world would turn into that. and it takes you 50 years to realize that... people can't do fucking math. they don't know when to give up. they are animals. yet this little cat can be the cutest most affectionate and nurturing thing this side of Lake Titicaca.

the difference between humans and cats is, it's taken 10's of thousands of years to evolve that way. but human evolution is one of a kind in the universe. we are completely civilized now. we've completely evolved. we are social we depend on each other. we realize the contribution even the weakest of us can add. and we value it equally.
                      I always wondered what ever happened to the common house cat's capacity for empathy. I know they have it. cat's have to have empathy because in order to hunt rabbit you have to know what they are going to do and how they thing and feel. empathy is the same to intelligence as stubbornness is to loyalty. it's like adopting a wolf.

you don't just lose your empathy overnight just because the shit hit the fan, it takes tens of thousands of years. and you still have it, it just doesn't affect your survival. .. but that's cats. that's an animal. yet I propose that 90% of humans would behave this way overnight. and would become more inhuman than a common house cat.

Comment

• when you can see in the dark and jump 5 stories from a building, you are going to strut with some swagger because those are superpowers.

Comment

• I hope you guys appreciate my random thoughts tonite because I've been thinking today; I wonder if I could actually organize it. simple days worth of thoughts. some famous literature author, I forget who it was said William Blake was one of those damn knower of things. where the conditions around him in life so deteriorated he couldn't help be right.

I also prefer if people think I am an actual time traveler. remember, when you travel back in time, you don't actually know you did it, otherwise you wouldn't have been able too. that's quantum mechanics logic talking there.

I think that's the whiskey kicking in talking.

never lose sight that life is beautiful. it's not a competition. it's a beauty contest. fractal geometry, pi, golden ratio. ..another day in paradise.

Comment

• it took a year and a half but I've got the feral daughter of my cat coming in my RV now everyday at 5am in the morning. she promptly goes underneath my couch and stay there the whole day. every day she makes progress.

it's one of my greatest achievements in life.

there are two types of men in the world. ones that need backup and get a dog, and ones that want to share their space with a predator and get a cat.

Comment

• My company sent this email to us today.

.......... is experiencing an increase in COVID related absences. Please follow the listed preventions methods to help limit the spread of COVID 19. If you want to get vaccinated for COVID 19, the links below are to the Indiana.gov website with information about vaccine locations/registration and a link to the CDC website with information about vaccines. .

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                it took a year and a half but I've got the feral daughter of my cat coming in my RV now everyday at 5am in the morning. she promptly goes underneath my couch and stay there the whole day. every day she makes progress.

it's one of my greatest achievements in life.

there are two types of men in the world. ones that need backup and get a dog, and ones that want to share their space with a predator and get a cat.
                                You are the Cesar Milan of cats--the cat whisperer.

Comment

Working...
                                X