2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Padres eliminated from playoff contention. Crazy.
    I feel like we'd have mocked anyone who'd suggested this in the bold predictions thread.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Padres eliminated from playoff contention. Crazy.
      Tingler should just hand in his resignation now and get it over with.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• On Aug. 10, Padres were 67-49. Since then, they have gone 11-29 and now sit at .500. How does a team go from 18 G over .500 to 0 G over .500 in less than 7 weeks? I dont know, but ask Jayce Tingler. He may know.

Comment

• They are cursed.

I would bet a few bucks that in 2121 (100 years from now), the Padres will still not have won a World Series.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            On Aug. 10, Padres were 67-49. Since then, they have gone 11-29 and now sit at .500. How does a team go from 18 G over .500 to 0 G over .500 in less than 7 weeks? I dont know, but ask Jayce Tingler. He may know.
            What position does he play?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

On Aug. 10, Padres were 67-49. Since then, they have gone 11-29 and now sit at .500. How does a team go from 18 G over .500 to 0 G over .500 in less than 7 weeks? I dont know, but ask Jayce Tingler. He may know.
              Injuries played a big part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                They are cursed.

I would bet a few bucks that in 2121 (100 years from now), the Padres will still not have won a World Series.
                That's a pretty easy bet to make - how is anyone going to be able to collect from you?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  That's a pretty easy bet to make - how is anyone going to be able to collect from you?
                  My goal is to drink enough IPA to self-embalm.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    New meaning to Generational Betting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      What position does he play?
                      He plays the manager position.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gith picked the right month to banish himself.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          He plays the manager position.
                          So he is the one to blame? Hmmm...

Comment

• Tatis just hit one literally out of Dodger Stadium.

Apparently here is the list of all the players who've hit one out of Chavez Ravine:

Willie Stargell
                            Mike Piazza
                            Mark McGwire
                            Giancarlo Stanton
                            Fernando Tatis Jr
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Tatis just hit one literally out of Dodger Stadium.
                              A Trout-like wasted MVP-caliber season.

Comment

A Trout-like wasted MVP-caliber season.
                                From offseason heroes to now needing to win out just to get back to .500. Quite the fall from grace and quite the crow sandwich for every Padre fan who relentlessly beat me over the head with each next amazing offseason acquisition. The team was never as good as everyone seemed to think but it shouldn't be this bad, surely.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X