Help with the new setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the new setup

Please post all question, issues, etc. about the new interface here. We already are aware the search function is not working.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

The search function needs to be rebuilt. It's in Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuilld Search Index. I would do it, but not sure if it takes the site down while it's doing it.

Comment

Sorry I had been noting in a PM to Todd that unfortunately the reindex bombs out, I need to spend more time digging into what's broken with it.

Comment

Posts with multiple pages always default to the first page even though I've read through all the posts/pages.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          Posts with multiple pages always default to the first page even though I've read through all the posts/pages.
          On the far right there is a blue box with 2 white arrows that takes you to the last posted message.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

On the far right there is a blue box with 2 white arrows that takes you to the last posted message.
            That takes you to the next page, not the last page. However, that's not the 'bug'.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post

That takes you to the next page, not the last page. However, that's not the 'bug'.
              In the column called "Last Post" it indicates the poster, the time and then the blue box with the 2 white arrows. Clicking on that box takes you to the last post.

If that's not what you're looking for just ignore me.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

In the column called "Last Post" it indicates the poster, the time and then the blue box with the 2 white arrows. Clicking on that box takes you to the last post.

If that's not what you're looking for just ignore me.
                OK, I see what you mean now. I was looking for the "blue boxes with 2 white arrows" on the main page which lists all of the sub-forums. But, there are none there. You have to go into one of the sub-forums (.ie Sports Bar) first before that option becomes available to the right of each topic. When you scroll down the page from the subscribe button you will see all of the blue boxes directly below.

I was typing the last page number in the page box (to the right of the search box) which is still good for jumping to a middle page. Clicking the blue box is a lot easier for getting to the last page.

Thanks harmon!
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Post formation & editing has become limited during the last few hours or so. No bold print option or add tweet option. And no video or image add buttons among other things. Text can still be edited though.

edit: Never mind. I accidentally toggled the advanced editor button to the off position and those editing buttons were hidden. Apparently it stays that way on subsequent posts until you change it back.

For those who don't know: It's the "Underlined Blue A Button" at the top right of your post when typing.
                  Last edited by madducks; 02-14-2023, 12:25 PM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Testing bold option

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I keep getting error messages on certain posts. Maybe that's the site's way of telling me to shut up though.

Comment

Some times I get those annoying error messages too right after I hit "Post Reply". But the post still goes through even though it looks like it didn't. I always have to create another window to check because I'm afraid that I will lose everything that I typed.

Here's the complete error message:
                          • Invalid SQL: SELECT `cacheid` FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_609633','nodeChg_10501','nodeChg_26','no deChg_17','nodeChg_2','nodeChg_1');
                          Not sure if that helps with troubleshooting. It's a foreign language to me.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Some times I get those annoying error messages too right after I hit "Post Reply". But the post still goes through even though it looks like it didn't. I always have to create another window to check because I'm afraid that I will lose everything that I typed.

Here's the complete error message:
                            • Invalid SQL: SELECT `cacheid` FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_609633','nodeChg_10501','nodeChg_26','no deChg_17','nodeChg_2','nodeChg_1');
                            Not sure if that helps with troubleshooting. It's a foreign language to me.

Me too, but not always.

I also could not connect from 5:30 to 1:30. Relieved to be on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Me too, but not always.

I also could not connect from 5:30 to 1:30. Relieved to be on now.
                              I think the site goes offline when Ken has to work on something. It seems to happen during the weekend for a few hours at a time. But, it's well worth it to improve the site.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X