Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we work on getting the Technical Glitches fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
    Please do not publicly discuss site business of this nature. Thanks. I'd prefer that it only be discussed with me, and I have not been contacted about any of this.
    My mistake. Was chatting with Ken about it and took it upon myself to make a post.

Comment

This thread discussion has been very helpful for me. Especially the tips on changing personal settings to avoid the gray box. Although I do have to keep switching between enhanced editor and standard editor once or twice a day, it's not nearly as frustrating as it was before. Without this thread I may have just given up trying to post.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Where are we on getting the site restored to basic functionality? Now it's reverted back to logging me out after every page change...I'm willing to kick in some cash to make it happen, but it's getting pretty frustrating since we're now in a draft that is generating a lot of posting.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Where are we on getting the site restored to basic functionality? Now it's reverted back to logging me out after every page change...I'm willing to kick in some cash to make it happen, but it's getting pretty frustrating since we're now in a draft that is generating a lot of posting.
          It is underway via Ken & Todd. Not sure why some have these issues as I haven't lost any functionality on my laptop chrome browser session but do have some troubles on my phone

Comment

Yeah, a plan is in place. Funding is no longer an issue (more on that later). We'll hopefully have good news soon.
            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Getting closer - I ran through a test upgrade last night - process completed but I could not get the new forum to come up. Surely something I wasn't configuring right. I'll keep on it.

On the positive side all my backup procedures went well, I'm confident in the ability to roll back to known good states

Comment

new vbulletin 5 installed

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  new vbulletin 5 installed
                  Cool!

Comment

Nice!
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Not sure if this is fixable but embedded videos no longer show the title in the video image before you click on them. Though the title does appear after clicking play. It makes it difficult to know what you are clicking on unless you recognize the image.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

madducks I see what you are talking about - if you find anything on vbulletin's forum on how to fix let me know, I didn't see anything. It's through the youtube BBCodes I believe, but that's a built in feature.

Comment

Test

Comment

OK, I see that test message also didn't add the video title -- but, if you click on the "Link" button on the top of a new post (in the blue area, next to the camera) instead of using the Insert Video button, it gives a description off to the right, as you can see above.

Comment

Let's try a music video now:

Comment

So interesting, if you use the "Add Link" it gives you the ability to edit the YouTube video title, as well as even to add other text.

Comment

Working...
                                X