Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just bought a laptop for the first time and i can't open it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just bought a laptop for the first time and i can't open it.

i've been trying for 30 mins. the power went out in my hood yesterday so i bought a laptop and an animated movie, the legends if the guardians, the owls of ga'hoole. and i got all wasted today so i thought, i'll open my new laptop and watch it.

except i can't even figure out how to life the screen up! becuase this could be bad, i could get in my car druck and rive to wallmart and have them show me, if i don't get pulled over first.

are laptops hard to open? i can attach the battery and power cord but can't open it.

they are so easy, I can't think of how to diagnose your issue.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      they are so easy, I can't think of how to diagnose your issue.
      dude i ca't lift up the screen to open it

Comment

wow i was holding the thing backwards. i got someone from india that after verifying the serial number, which took a long time cause my eyesight is totally going (i just ordered glasses), i got transfered to someone that seemed to be speaking like they were from kazakhstan. and the dude is trying to get me to turn the computer around. we started by figuring out what side the DVD player was one. and it took a few minutes.

you know this is even worse than calling about a power problem and learning your puter isn't plugged in.

in my defense the acer logo on the top of it is backwards. and it is my first laptop. i didn't want to break the thing trying to open it.

Comment

acer is the best. sure it was an outsourced call to kazakhstan. but i actually had a number to call and it didn't take that long to figure out my laptop was backwards.

it's not like im an idiot either. i was a fucking computer tech once.

you know what this means, if this can happen to me, ppl that aren't familiar with computers will never be able to do it on their own. if you can't even open the damn thing.

Comment

so that was my guess actually, but I didn't want to insult you by suggesting it.

glad you got it working.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              so that was my guess actually, but I didn't want to insult you by suggesting it.

glad you got it working.
              i wish ppl wouldn't be afraid about insulting ppl when helping them. everyone needs advice. if you know you know better, go for it. don't be shy, just help or remind them. it's not whether or not you should it's how; and that's either quick or gently.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                i wish ppl wouldn't be afraid about insulting ppl when helping them. everyone needs advice. if you know you know better, go for it. don't be shy, just help or remind them. it's not whether or not you should it's how; and that's either quick or gently.
                Ok, let me help. Don't get so drunk that you can't open a laptop.

I hope that was quick and gentle.

In fairness I was looking for my DVD player on my work computer for about 10 minutes. I had to Google it to find out what I was doing wrong. Found out I have to buy a stand alone and plug it in with a USB. And I wasn't drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Ok, let me help. Don't get so drunk that you can't open a laptop.

I hope that was quick and gentle.

In fairness I was looking for my DVD player on my work computer for about 10 minutes. I had to Google it to find out what I was doing wrong. Found out I have to buy a stand alone and plug it in with a USB. And I wasn't drinking.
                  Maybe you should have been!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                  X