Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else having a safety concern with Yahoo Sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else having a safety concern with Yahoo Sports?

Whenever I visit any page other than the sports homepage, I get a red box down in the RH corner.... It says Yahoo! Confidential, and it looks like 2 small pictures.... one of a bug, and another of what looks like a bullhorn.

I never had that before yesterday. I have run my virus software, and my computer comes up clean, though.

I have the same thing.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

This blog post discusses the highly suspicious looking Y! Confidential toolbar that shows up on some Yahoo! webpages.

Yahoo! has not publicly acknowledged or stated what this toolbar is, or even if it is an experiment.
      This is what we do know about the Y! Confidential toolbar:

The links on this toolbar do not work, which supports the theory that it is still in beta testing.
      It is suspicious looking, especially with the virus or malware type of bug on the toolbar
      If the toolbar did take you to another website, it may be considered dangerous. It seems harmless at this point.

If you have any more information on the suspicious looking Yahoo! toolbar, please share in the comments section below.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

OK, cool.... I haven't tried to click on it, but it would be nice if yahoo gave people some info.

Comment

true enough... it sounds like it's some kind of tracking software experiment on their part. Pretty clumsy making it so obvious

Comment

I don't see it at all...so maybe it's just the government checking up on you.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              I don't see it at all...so maybe it's just the government checking up on you.
              Yahoo apparently doesn't give a crap about what you do.

Comment

marissa mayer sucks. she misses a major meeting cause she overslept. she wears dresses to presentations like something cinderalla would wear. yahoo works like crap with internet explorer, which is i think due to all the attempts MS wanted to buy yahoo. the color of the sports section is too purple! right when she's appointed while pregnant she squashes maternity leave.

idk, but i think i see a correlation here. yahoo is dictatorship with no delegation. and since we're guys, expect the sports stuff to suffer.

the only sports section i know of thats worse is the usa today. who ever came up with that backround is insane. i can't even read it.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  marissa mayer sucks. she misses a major meeting cause she overslept. she wears dresses to presentations like something cinderalla would wear. yahoo works like crap with internet explorer, which is i think due to all the attempts MS wanted to buy yahoo. the color of the sports section is too purple! right when she's appointed while pregnant she squashes maternity leave.

idk, but i think i see a correlation here. yahoo is dictatorship with no delegation. and since we're guys, expect the sports stuff to suffer.

the only sports section i know of thats worse is the usa today. who ever came up with that backround is insane. i can't even read it.

Marissa did not "squash" maternity leave, she extended it and gave out cash bonuses to parents.

She was criticized for changing policy from remote to in office work roles. She then proceeded to work from home during her last few weeks of pregnancy.

But the real issue/question is how do you know what she wears to meetings?

Comment

dude you should read the wsj review section every weekend. it's really good.

but you know i was really wondering what female CEO's wear to these presentations. i wanted to ask someone, cause it didn't seem right to me. tho this is a different picture that was in the paper. the other one was more close and purple.

shouldn't they be wearing pants? you have to admit it is kind of cinderalla. not to harp on what ceo's wear to meetings..

Comment

and how do you not have an aid make sure you wake up for an important presentation, unless you don't listen to what other ppl have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        and how do you not have an aid make sure you wake up for an important presentation, unless you don't listen to what other ppl have to say.

http://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2014/06/23/...ing-for-hours/
                        commenting about the dress is dumb but
                        commenting about sleeping on the job is very interesting

Comment

Looks like she is trying to hide those wide child bearing hips. Pants wouldn't do it.

She would also get criticized if she wore pants as trying to act like too much of a man in her position. That said there seem to be plenty of pictures of her on stage with pants on. I do not know who she was addressing.

Comment

are you sure about that maternity thing? i mean when you change something from remote to in office work roles it sounds like your cutting maternity leave.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              commenting about the dress is dumb but
                              commenting about sleeping on the job is very interesting
                              at least give me an answer about the dress? ok it's dumb i get that. but what do other CEOS wear?

Comment

Working...
                              X