Anybody subscribe to ESPN Insider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody subscribe to ESPN Insider?

I am truly adverse to paying for news on the web, but Yahoo sports just doesn't cut it for me. I also don't really enjoy CBS. So, I was considering getting ESPN Insider..... anybody use it? Do you think it is worth it? Also, if I read it right, if you subscribe to the magazine, you get Insider included; that might be a better deal.

I'm sure somebody does.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
      I am truly adverse to paying for news on the web, but Yahoo sports just doesn't cut it for me. I also don't really enjoy CBS. So, I was considering getting ESPN Insider..... anybody use it? Do you think it is worth it? Also, if I read it right, if you subscribe to the magazine, you get Insider included; that might be a better deal.
      yes, it's dirt cheap in that manner.

Go sign up and use coupon code 8$ Off

Comment

In my experience, it would be worth paying something fairly substantial not to receive ESPN the magazine. Or use it for toilet paper, or compost for your flower bed, or whatever. But don't subject yourself to reading that thing.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I agree but I'd expand that evaluation to include ESPN as a whole.
          except for "The Ocho"

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            In my experience, it would be worth paying something fairly substantial not to receive ESPN the magazine. Or use it for toilet paper, or compost for your flower bed, or whatever. But don't subject yourself to reading that thing.
            My kids use it to cut out pictures to use in school projects. I don't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I agree but I'd expand that evaluation to include ESPN as a whole.
              I kinda like quite a bit of ESPN radio. And their website has some good points, too. I can't stand the headache inducer that is ESPN TV, but we haven't had cable for a while now so I haven't subjected myself to that recently.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                My kids use it to cut out pictures to use in school projects. I don't read it.
                Saving yourself 20 or 30 IQ points right there.

Comment

Don't knock ESPN TV programming. It's great. You can watch one talk show during the day, and you'll know not only what every other show will havedas subject matter, but you'll also know the opinions of every host and guest. Well, 95% of them.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I subscribe every year and I always purchase it when it's heavily discounted (they run promotions 2-3 times a year with dirt cheap prices). I enjoy reading Keith Law, Olney, and many of the fantasy baseball articles (mostly for perspective moreso than insight). I don't recommend paying full price, but it's certainly worth it at the discounted rates.

The magazine is shit, though. The fact that they tie the Insider subscription to a magazine is preposterously outdated and silly in this day and age. Some ESPN exec must have a son or daughter who runs the magazine, because that's the only reason I can see for keeping it around at this point. It's total shit.

Comment

Working...
                    X