Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ restauarant has asked me 3x for my sauce recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Don't sell him the recipe. Offer to license it. One of the lawyers can give specifics, but something along the lines of:
    1) He can make as much as his restaurant can use
    2) He can bottle it for sale, with a royalty to you
    3) He cannot give the recipe to anyone without written consent
    4) Right to use your name is a separate issue

Protect yourself, eg notarize a copy of the recipe to prove dates. That said, why not let him use it? If it's a hit, it could generate some cash flow. Just retain rights.

J

offer to sell him the sauce pre-made by you
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

OK, so I went to the restaurant, but the guy wasn't there, but his wife was. She didn't think her husband was offering ANYTHING for the recipe. She thought he was hoping I would share my recipe with him.... So, I guess that ends that.

Comment

What's the wife look like? Maybe you should ask if he'll share - no charge, of course.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
          OK, so I went to the restaurant, but the guy wasn't there, but his wife was. She didn't think her husband was offering ANYTHING for the recipe. She thought he was hoping I would share my recipe with him.... So, I guess that ends that.
          You should have used the Scott Boros approach and said that another restaurant has already made you an offer. But, you wanted to give them a chance since they were the first to show an interest.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

plus get Jon Heyman to tweet about new "mystery BBQ place" emerging as potential bidder....
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Heyman just tweeted Smokey Bones BBQ is interested. Once you get a franchise like that interested the price goes up. It seems like Smokey Bones has unlimited money since the franchise is in a large market.

Comment

Working...
              X