looks like Hacko in a buzzer-beater, gets moved to the top of the board

sad but unfortunately not shocking
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        looks like Hacko in a buzzer-beater, gets moved to the top of the board

sad but unfortunately not shocking
        Was he having problems?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Was he having problems?
          Just got out of rehab for "fine tuning" with his addiction problems. Having watched my parents go through a decade of addictions recovery programs, I think the level of shame and guilt that addicts go through is pretty overwhelming, and often made worse through counselling. As an alcoholic myself, 3.5 years sober, I know that suicide becomes an option when you're faced with leaving your favourite substance behind. But if suicide becomes an option, that should be a wake up call to find a different solution.

Super sad to see him go out like that. He was awesome.

I'll be watching Death to Smoochy for the first time (been meaning to for a while). Also highly recommend World's Greatest Dad for another really interesting dark comedy, directed by Bobcat Goldthwait.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Damn. Just damn.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

This is just mind-numbing.

He made so many people so happy...and yet he finds so little in his own life that he ends it.

Heart-breaking.

Hey just my sadness.

Gris

Comment

Aww man what a terrible loss. My favorite actor and one of my favorite comedians all rolled into one. So talented and diverse. His resume seems endless, yet he still had more performances left in him. Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society are two of my favorite movies. And not coincidentally, two of Williams' best performances. RIP Robin
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In rehab. It was not going well. Also a known depressive. Why was this man alone?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

sad panda.

nanu nanu, robin.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Shazbot. RIP.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The addiction/depression cycle is crushing
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I really liked Russell Brand's eulogy

Comment

He hung himself is the most recent report
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              thanks for sharing that johnny.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X