Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the "senior discount" at shops, restaurants before you really qualify thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the "senior discount" at shops, restaurants before you really qualify thread

ok, got a laugh 3-4 yrs ago when I got the "senior discount" at KFC just before I turned 50.

today - got it again.

apparently it's not a national chain thing, but this one took 7 pct off my dinner. the national one is "free drink if 55+" but with many combos, the drink is free anyway.

do you guys do a lot of these, like it, not like it?

my wife is 42 and looks no more than 35 tops, and she thinks it's fun to use her AARP card for discounts everywhere (if you are 50, your spouse also gets a card). I imagine they assume she has a sugar daddy.

oddest one is Dunkin Donuts - if you order a large coffee, you get a free donut. I don't drink coffee or eat donuts, but should we be giving old people free donuts? I guess it IS a way to cut into the national deficit - dead people no longer get benefits.

interested in other AARP-style stories...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

A kid at the playground asked me the other day if I was my son's father or grandfather. 43 may seem old to an 8 year old, but sheesh.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

my wife found some web site that lists all the AARP perks when she turned 50 last year. there are a lot of weird/unexpected ones. there are a number that kick in at 50, 55, 60, etc.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        ok, got a laugh 3-4 yrs ago when I got the "senior discount" at KFC just before I turned 50.

today - got it again.

apparently it's not a national chain thing, but this one took 7 pct off my dinner. the national one is "free drink if 55+" but with many combos, the drink is free anyway.

do you guys do a lot of these, like it, not like it?

my wife is 42 and looks no more than 35 tops, and she thinks it's fun to use her AARP card for discounts everywhere (if you are 50, your spouse also gets a card). I imagine they assume she has a sugar daddy.

oddest one is Dunkin Donuts - if you order a large coffee, you get a free donut. I don't drink coffee or eat donuts, but should we be giving old people free donuts? I guess it IS a way to cut into the national deficit - dead people no longer get benefits.

interested in other AARP-style stories...
        I look old for my age, but it never bothers me if they give me the "old guy" discount.

Comment

Working...
        X