Happy Canada Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Canada Day!

Just a shout out to our pals north of the border--virgonomic, TranaGreg, etc.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

thanks guys, had a great day off, watched the USA-Belgium game in a bar with a bunch of drunkards, then went to dinner with friends. Feeling a bit off today ... you'll know what it's like in a couple of days ...

and a little Canada Day factoid ... Canada actually made the World Cup once, in 1986 ... and we even managed to hit the goalpost in one of the games!!!
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Thanks from me also. I went to the Jays game and it was my favourite one yet. It was basically a sellout and my sister met me there. She knows Gregg Zaun through charity events and we went behind the curtain of the Rogers SportsNet studio to meet him and Jamie Campbell.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            Thanks from me also. I went to the Jays game and it was my favourite one yet. It was basically a sellout and my sister met me there. She knows Gregg Zaun through charity events and we went behind the curtain of the Rogers SportsNet studio to meet him and Jamie Campbell.
            heh, very cool. I caught a bit of the game in the bar, loved Zaun's outfit.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Your sister is fine looking !!

Comment

Working...
              X