No announcement yet.

Visiting - What Threads Should I Read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting - What Threads Should I Read?

Hey, guys. So I've got the first real legitimate downtime at work since I started my new job about a year ago. How is everyone? What threads should I read this afternoon?

Who's this guy?

Comment

Good to hear from you. You are missed.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

Comment

What's up, B????

Good to hear from you!

Comment

i don't think we've had a must read conversation in all the time you've been gone. nothing to see here.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            i don't think we've had a must read conversation in all the time you've been gone. nothing to see here.
            Yeah, that's quickly becoming apparent.

Man, it's been an intense year. The learning curve for my new job has been super steep. Budget and finance, Board governance, legal and regulatory compliance, payroll and purchasing, buildings and grounds, technology, transportation, food service, security...basically everything but teaching and learning, teacher professional development, and HR.

I saved nearly three hours of round trip commuting time with the job change, but I'm essentially putting all of that time back in at the office, and that's not counting the once- or twice-monthly Board meetings that last until around midnight. And of course, the rest of my life is focused on being the best husband and father I can be. I think I've largely scaled the learning curve, so hopefully this second school year will be a bit less hectic. It's amazing to have this one *relatively* quiet week following the last day of school before our summer programs and capital projects kick into full swing.

Comment

can we have security check into this new user with "45,733" posts???
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                can we have security check into this new user with "45,733" posts???
                I can't believe Jason hasn't passed me yet.

Comment

we've been revoking his posts based on quality.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

only read the ones i've commented on - all others are uninteresting.

that is all.

oh, and if you run into a thread where there is some confusion about whether FB got the best of me or vice versa, it's clear i won. his wife will concur.

that is really all.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

that is all.

oh, and if you run into a thread where there is some confusion about whether FB got the best of me or vice versa, it's clear i won. his wife will concur.

that is really all.

Comment

I'm not sure what you did there.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

that is all.

that is really all.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Comment

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X