301 Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 301 Movies

Not the most consistent list, but interesting.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

To have two Star Wars and two Lord of the Rings movies in the top 20 is foolish.

As with most lists it does give food for thought.

Comment

Airplane! at 155 what a joke. Surely, its one of the top 5 movies of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        To have two Star Wars and two Lord of the Rings movies in the top 20 is foolish.

Vegan or otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Yeah that's what you get with Empire ... they feature populist and pop-culture movies. They are pretty good for popcorn movies ... I used to subscribe in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Vegan or otherwise?
            Nicely played.

LOL (lost our luggage)

Comment

very weird list
              notable omissions
              Fanny and Alexander
              Animal House
              The return of Martin Guerre
              Mad Mad Mad World

The Sting at 219?

but at least it reminds of some movies that I should watch with my kids

Comment

Airplane! at 155 what a joke. Surely, its one of the top 5 movies of all time.
                Probably top 3 all time, and don't call me surely.

Comment

Probably top 3 all time, and don't call me surely.
                  cripes, I was busy today... I would have gotten around to it.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Is it bad I haven't seen 6 of the movies in the Top 20?
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Is it bad I haven't seen 6 of the movies in the Top 20?
                      Not if three of them are "Avengers Assemble", "Fight Club" and "Inception".
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Not if three of them are "Avengers Assemble", "Fight Club" and "Inception".
                        One is. I watched Inception recently because a friend recommended it. It was OK. I do enjoy Fight Club though!
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

i actually liked both _fight club_ and _inception_. i haven't seen _avengers assemble_ though...

ETA: after looking at the list, _avengers assemble_ is the only one in the top fifty i haven't seen. there's something really wrong about a list with _die hard_ ranked above _taxi driver_...
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

If you start looking at a "best of" movie list at #1 and if you get to #5 and "Casablanca" hasn't been listed yet, then your list blows!
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I don't think there's a movie called "Avengers Assemble". I think they just mean "The Avengers".

I haven't seen Jaws yet. I suspect many people who didn't see it in the theater won't; it doesn't have the kind of fan base that the other highly rated movies have, so I have never felt a lot of pressure to catch it.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X