Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bergdahl: Prisoner Swap or Negotiating with Terrorists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bergdahl: Prisoner Swap or Negotiating with Terrorists?

What says the Bullpen?

While, I think the US should do everything in it's power to bring back every military person from combat, there seems to be a lot of outcry over how the Bergdahl situation has been handled.

I'm not a fan of us giving back five highly valued operatives for Bergdahl.

I think the Obama administration definitely negotiated with terrorist in this situation, and it sets a poor policy in place.

There is a lot to this story, and I look forward to seeing how all of this comes out.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

All i know is my Marines friends are very anti-Bergdahl and stand with the reports that he is a deserter and traitor. Heavy stuff.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Im calling that there will soon be some other disaster or crisis that will again deflect the eyes of the nation away from the way our government is handling things.

I respect those that say we had to bring him home - but I also dont want us making deals with the enemy to do player swaps. This shit aint fantasy baseball - and once you set prices you have now made the market and other potentially more valuable individuals become that much more expensive.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Israel has been doing prisoner swaps for decades, since they became a sovereign nation in the 1940s. The last one they did freed a single tank gunner for over a thousand Palestinian prisoners who had killed Israeli civilians. It's pretty much standard Israeli procedure. It's amusing that the GOP is harping on this since they're such staunch supporters of Israel.

If not a prisoner exchange, than what would've freed him? Rambo is retired, and Gene Hackman and co. only went back to 'Nam to free his son. The deserter aspect is another (unconfirmed) story, but he still is an American son.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          If not a prisoner exchange, than what would've freed him? Rambo is retired, and Gene Hackman and co. only went back to 'Nam to free his son.
          Jack Bauer will be free in about 7 hours.

Comment

How many trackers are stuck in those guys?
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X