Pitt/Ohio peeps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt/Ohio peeps...

I've got a friend who just got an offer to work at a university in Wheeling, WV. Her husband would probably be looking for a job in Pittsburgh. If you were in such situation, where would you want to live?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

California?
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      California?
      Nicely played.

Comment

Probably somewhere in Washington County. That would be in the middle of Wheeling and Pittsburgh. Exactly where in the County would depend on how they want their travel to be broken down. The city of Washington is the county seat and has it's nice areas and it's bad areas. There are also some very affluent municipalities in the county and some very rural communities. I am not real familiar with the County so my views are limited.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Yeah probably Washington County, if they have kids and are concerned with the schools I'd rank the districts something like this..

Peters Twp
          ~~~~
          ~~~~
          Canon Mac
          ~~~~~
          ~~~~~
          ~~~~~
          Trinity

Followed by a huge cliff of districts that I probably wouldn't want my kids to go to school in. I commuted to Wheeling from Peters for my student teaching, it wasn't terrible. It is about 50 minutes from Peters, but there is no traffic down the highway into Wheeling. Good luck.

Comment

thanks. I'll pass it along.

Comment

no problemo.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                no problemo.
                fuckin' canadians...

Comment

Working...
                X