Steven Colbert to Replace David Letterman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Colbert to Replace David Letterman

just announced by CBS. Interesting move.

that's a weird one. their styles are so very different, i'd think the fanbase for the two would be fairly different...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

The nice thing about these shows in this day and age is that it's easy enough to find their best bits on Youtube and Facebook, so you don't need to actually watch them. (Unless you're REALLY into celebrity interviews, which I'm not.)
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Just another day in the Culture of Outrage.

Comment

I'd think right-wing politicos would be more upset about the Leno-Fallon transition. Leno was always perceived as the late night guy who would give conservatives a relatively fair shake. At CBS, it's just one tedious DNC rah-rah giving his chair to another one.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            I'd think right-wing politicos would be more upset about the Leno-Fallon transition. Leno was always perceived as the late night guy who would give conservatives a relatively fair shake. At CBS, it's just one tedious DNC rah-rah giving his chair to another one.
            damnit you beat me to it. Letterman was about as liberal, loony far left as they come. Even if Colbert is equally as far left, there's a chance he'll be funny and that would be a welcome change.

I think its pretty neat, way more interested in Colbert than Fallon who is quite unfunny.

Leno was the only host that would joke about both sides. The others all tow the company line...
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Letterman made TONS of Clinton jokes back in the day. But I guess it was hard not to.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                Same here. I could care less as I don't watch any of them.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X