Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torchwood

So, I've watched a few episodes from season one on Netflix. Before I invest any more time, though-- is this really just a serialized rip off of Men in Black, or does it go somewhere else?
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

there's a lot more lesbian action than in MIB.....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

It was mostly a way to capitalize on the success of the reboot of Doctor Who and the popularity of the character of Captain Jack Harkness.

The show isn't the greatest in the world, but the 3rd and 4th seasons played more like a mini-series than an episodic TV show so you might find those more to your liking.

I'm assuming that if you're checking out Torchwood you've already watched all of New Who (2005-2013)? The Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant year (2005-2010) have several Captain Jack stores including an origin and a where he ends up. It's all worth it as part of the lore if you like diving deep into the story of a character.

Comment

Working...
      X