Hey! Been such a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! Been such a long time

Hey guys, for the old school members, I was wondering how everyone was and signed up again.

I saw there were a couple of threads wondering whatever happened to me, so I thought I would at least let everyone know life has been amazing for a really long time now. Ive been very successful as a personal trainer for 3 and a half years after a long stint in the Poker world as a dealer /manager. Cleaned up all the bad behavior 7 years ago. Not sure I can find the time for roto leagues anymore, its been a long long time but who knows.

I think I only have Paul Sporer on fb, but if any of the old school crowd want to add me, use [email protected]. Friarfan, tranagreg, bfly, Moonlight J, Griswold, Judge Jude, Revo, [echo], Teenwolf, chancellor, Long John, heylander, steve, Bob, and any other oldschool friend go ahead toss me an fb add.

Hoping to stick around and contribute here but probably not like the old days. Maybe I could play a casual roto league

good to hear you are doing well mate. sounds like good times!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

wow, a voice from the past! good to hear from you arch ... are you still on the rock? we vacationed there last year ... gorgeous as ever.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Hey, Archon, great to see you on! Personal trainer? That's great!
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Good to hear things are going well for you.

Umm...you know you don't have to play fantasy baseball to come in a hang with us a few minutes a week, right?

Comment

Yeah - I havent played in a roto league in probably 7 years.
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, bud.

Comment

Hey, Archon! Glad to hear things are going well!

Comment

Wow, blast from the past indeed.

now if I ever join this Facebook of which you speak...

#crossthread
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Archon,

What's up, buddy?

Great to hear from you and glad all is going well with you.

Where are you living now?

Glad to have you back.

Here's my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bob.lung

Comment

maybe we should award Archon a Coxcomb, although newcomers need to know it's not what you think!
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Are we sure its him? Something is missing, but I can't put a finger on it.
                        Last edited by Igor; 03-09-2014, 09:09 PM. Reason: Not quite the right shade first time around.

Comment

Hey again. Its awesome to see that all you guys have hung out all this time. Igor, doubts? lol well how about the time Bhob got smashed on apricot So9ju.

If we are talking about my muscle demon avatar.... I haven't been able to find that thing.

I have been living in Edmonton Alberta for the last 7+ years. Left the old life and started over and its been amazing. Past problems feel like someone else's life if that makes sense.

Its funny, I really don't remember the old battles, I do remember the football guys and that nonsense, but everything else is so far away and I havent thought about it in so long.

Something fun I do remember was being on pjs24's(Paul Sporer) radio show talking about middle reliever strategy. Not sure if you remember when we all talked about the idea of jamming a lot of really high end middle relievers in your lineup and stacking their stats toward your innings limits instead of using middle of the road high era innings eaters. Assuming you had a deep roster to use.

Comment

Oh and no red text. I'll dispense with that old affectation

Comment

Oh and Bob, I will not bring any trolls into this forum lol

Comment

Working...
                              X