"Actors who had 3-to-5 Leading Roles Before Disappearing" Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Actors who had 3-to-5 Leading Roles Before Disappearing" Draft

In honor of tonight's Oscars, let's list some actors/actresses who hit the top very briefly before disappearing from the silver screen....

1.01.....Pauly Shore

Attached Files

1.02 Pee Wee Herman

Comment

1.03- Jennifer Grey from Dirty Dancing.

Comment

1.04 - The "Nutty ones" select - Sean Young
        Bonus for recently being arested at the Academy's post party.

Comment

1.05....Josh Hartnett

what the heck happened to his career?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            1.05....Josh Hartnett

Who? At least I'd heard of the first four. Then again, I stopped paying much attention to movies once I started stage acting, where you get no retakes and have to do a whole scene in one shot.

Sean Young. She was delicious in her day--and completely nuts. A genuine hot mess.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

1.06 Jim Varney
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                1.05....Josh Hartnett

I think he was being offered a certain type of roll - action star - that he didn't really want. He turned down a lot of offers including superman... I don't see reference anywhere now, but at the time I think the the offers started to dry up. He wasn't taking the things people wanted him to do so they sort of said screw you. He's actually staring in a new show on Showtime later this spring.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  1.06 Jim Varney
                  Umm...I think he quite making movies because he died.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    Who? At least I'd heard of the first four. Then again, I stopped paying much attention to movies once I started stage acting, where you get no retakes and have to do a whole scene in one shot.

Sean Young. She was delicious in her day--and completely nuts. A genuine hot mess.
                    He starred in Blackhawk Down, Pearl Harbor, 30 Days of Night, and the great & very underrated Lucky Number Slevin. Then he kind of vanished into thin air.

1.07.....Liv Tyler

Comment

1.08Christian Slater -- Jack Nicholson Jr. One minute, Lifetime Channel the next.
                      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                        1.08Christian Slater -- Jack Nicholson Jr. One minute, Lifetime Channel the next.
                        He's the first one who came to mind when I saw this thread.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                          While I can appreciate the reasoning for saying Slater, I easily count 10 movies he held a leading role.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Slater underperformed projections, as it were.

It's really weird all these years later to look at the incredible cast of True Romance and realize it was Slater who was the protagonist and top-billed star. That's like reuniting all the great Yankees and hitting Phil Rizzuto cleanup.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

1.09.....Alicia Silverstone

I think it was her wretched performance in the wretched "Batman & Robin" that did her in.

Comment

Working...
                              X