Firefox/Adblock Plus Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox/Adblock Plus Help

Where else to turn! I use the latest version of firefox and have Adblock Plus to aid me in getting rid of those annoying ads. But I'm having a problem. In Yahoo! Fantasy baseball the new system for posting messages to leagues is through a pop-up window, which I believe Adblock is preventing from popping up.

The only action I could figure to take was to add baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com to my very short list of sites to not block pop ups windows in the options menu, but it hasn't solved my problem. What else can I try?

TIA
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

I use "Adblock", not "Adblock Plus" if that helps. I didn't like Adblock Plus when I accidentally installed it. Aren't Adblock Plus the "company" who told advertisers to pay them a premium to allow their blocked ads to appear on websites? Like a shakedown fee? I could very well be wrong here ... it could have been Adblock.

When I want to see a website normally, I just click the "Adlock" icon in the top right of my browser, and click "Pause Adblock" ... then reload the page. I can even exclude webpages or domains from the blocking.

I would say that Google Chrome and Adblock is going to be a much faster and more usable combination that Firefox & Adblock Plus. Firefox is so painfully slow and cumbersome these days ... I only use it to access the US Netflix service via the Mediahint plugin.

P.S. Adblock is only available for webkit browsers (Chrome, Safari and Opera).

P.P.S. Click the Firefox dropdown (top left) > Select Addons > disable the extension or plugin (which seems REALLY clunky ... there must be an easier way!)
    Last edited by johnnya24; 02-27-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

on my toolbar in firefox I can click on the ABP icon and select three different disables. Try that. But I think it might be firefox thats blocking the popup. If so, you can tell FF to allow the pop up.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

upper right corner, there is an ABP pull down. you can enable sites from there. see the attached.

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 9.25.18 .jpg

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 9.24.18 .jpg
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I'm using adguard - adblock for firefox, which I downloaded through adblock advisor and is working fine. I tried to remove ads with it and I found it works pretty well and is lighter than ABP. If ABP still creates any problem, you guys can try any of the three adblockers on adblock advisor. I hope it willbe helpful!
          Last edited by ; 03-18-2014, 03:36 PM. Reason: Incorrect sentence

Comment

I'm using FF and ABP and was able to start a new post in my Yahoo! league.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
            X