Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Harold Ramis...

Damn...that just sucks...

Ramis, a longtime North Shore resident, was surrounded by family when he died at 12:53 a.m. from complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease that involves swelling of the blood vessels, his wife Erica Mann Ramis said. He was 69.

Ramis' serious health struggles began in May 2010 with an infection that led to complications related to the autoimmune disease, his wife said. Ramis had to relearn to walk but suffered a relapse of the vaculitis in late 2011, said Laurel Ward, vice president of development at Ramis' Ocean Pictures production company.

Ramis leaves behind a formidable body of work, with writing credits on such enduring comedies as "National Lampoon's Animal House" (which upon its 1978 release catapulted the film career of John Belushi, with whom Ramis acted at Second City), "Stripes" (1981) and "Ghostbusters" (in which Ramis also co-starred) plus such directing efforts as "Caddyshack" (1980), "National Lampoon's Vacation" (1983), "Groundhog Day" and "Analyze This."
    Makes me sad he's gone...
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Damn. I was holding out hope that Ramis and Aykroyd would finally get Bill Murray to do a Ghostbusters 3.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

autoimmune diseases terrify me
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Wow, just saw this. It's amazing how many of my favorite movies he's been involved with. RIP.

Comment

Ugh....one of my favorite writers/directors of soooo many of my favorites movies (Caddyshack, Animal House, Stripes, Ghostbusters, etc.)....how sad!

Comment

Bummer. He was incredibly funny and helped change how comedy was written and performed.

Autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis is a terrible, terrible disease.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

whoa. sad news indeed.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Wow. I have only heard of this disease twice. The first time was last Tuesday. One of my customers talked about it. He has been battling it for the last four years. The second is with Harold.

He sure gave us a bunch of laughs. RIP

Comment

Very sad news indeed. He went to my alma mater, Washington University, and several of my friends were in the same fraternity (ZBT), and one of them even had Ramis' old room. Some of the scenese from Animal House were taken from his Wash U days. RIP
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                  X