Using a Windows-based program on a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Windows-based program on a Mac

Anyone have any experience with having to use a window-based program on their Mac. I am in a Stratomatic league and their Netplay program to play people online is windows-based. The company mentioned Boot Camp and Parallels as ways of being able to play Netplay on a Mac. Has anyone used either of these programs? Are they simple downloads or is it more complex than that? TIA
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

I know you can run windows on macs these days, but I don't know about specific programs.

Comment

3 main ones:
      - parallels
      - vmware
      - virtualbox

parallels and vmware cost (well, there is a free version of vmware but it's pretty limited). virtualbox is free. that made the decision easy for me .

you'll need an install disk for some version of windows, with any of those.

ETA: the most common windows version to run under these is XP, because it's the most lightweight version that will still run most programs.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
      X