No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 4 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I just started watching this show. So far just the first two episodes. Petty good so far.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      My wife and I just started watching this show. So far just the first two episodes. Petty good so far.
      Avoid these threads then ... and any internet articles

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Avoid these threads then ... and any internet articles
        Thanks but i already peeked and know much of the story lines and surprises...i'm impatient that way.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

The new characters for Season 5 have been cast ... especially like Jonathan Price in the role of the High Sparrow ... should make up some of that lost gravitas from Tywin's "unfortunate" demise. The Sand's are also well cast.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            ... especially like Jonathan Price in the role of the High Sparrow...
            Yeah, I had a little nerdgasm when I heard the Pryce announcement. *That* is gonna be sweet!

The Sand Snakes... meh, we'll see. Their storyline typifies what fans hated about A Feast For Crows - a lot of investment in back story, a lot of aimless buildup, all resulting in... absolutely nothing. Nothing yet, in any case. All signs point to Dorne having a significant role to play in the game, so hopefully the show will tighten up the meandering Martell thread and imbue it with the relevance and urgency it lacked in AFFC. The show *has* done a marvelous job fixing some of the pacing problems in the later books, so I should probably have a little more faith.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              Yeah, I had a little nerdgasm when I heard the Pryce announcement. *That* is gonna be sweet!

The Sand Snakes... meh, we'll see. Their storyline typifies what fans hated about A Feast For Crows ....
              One of the problems with a Feast For Crows is that this storyline dominated the early parts of the book. I seriously found it hard to follow what was going on, who the hell these characters were, and I went straight from one book to the next ... I can't imagine what the guys who waited 5 years thought. That said, I enjoyed AFFC, even if it couldn't to match Book 3. Nothing could match book 3 for sheer drama.

GRRM hasn't invested major parts of his book in a directionless way, so I imagine they will have a big enough role to play.

Comment

While death is a frequent occurrence on "Game of Thrones," the hit fantasy series was rocked last week by the off-screen passing of a member of the cast.

Eighty six-year-old actor JJ Murphy died four days into filming his scenes for the upcoming fifth season of the show, the Belfast Telegraph reported.

The Northern Irish theater vet, who was tapped as Ser Denys Mallister, the most senior member of the Night's Watch, died Friday after just having filmed his first few scenes for "Game of Thrones."

While death is a frequent occurrence on “Game of Thrones,” the hit fantasy series was rocked last week by the off-screen passing of a member of the cast. Eighty-six-year-old actor JJ Mu…

Comment

Also, probably the biggest role of his career.

Comment

Working...
                  X