Sotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sotu

coz nobody spells anything out anymore ...

I was expecting some discussion re: tonights state of the union address. Just posturing? ("Year of Action") ... or setting a new agenda?

"In this year of action, the president will seek out as many opportunities as possible to work with Congress in a bipartisan way. But when American jobs and livelihoods depend on getting something done, he will not wait for Congress," Dan Pfeiffer, senior adviser at the White House, wrote in a blog post.

'I've got a pen and I've got a phone. And that's all I need.'
    - U.S. President Barack Obama"President Obama has a pen and he has a phone, and he will use them to take executive action and enlist every American — business owners and workers, mayors and state legislators, young people, veterans, and folks in communities from across the country — in the project to restore opportunity for all."
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    coz nobody spells anything out anymore ...

I was expecting some discussion re: tonights state of the union address. Just posturing? ("Year of Action") ... or setting a new agenda?
    I thought this post was entitled "soju" and was wondering if Bob was drunk again.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Paging Steve. Steve to the Sports Bar.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I think it is telling that the press consider SotU boring.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          I think it is telling that the press consider SotU boring.

J
          apparently the press are fairly representing the level of interest, at least based on the Sports Bar's response.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            apparently the press are fairly representing the level of interest, at least based on the Sports Bar's response.
            Much as I love bashing our mainstream media, they do pretty much have the tea leaves read correctly here. Even Harry Reid threw the president under the bus today, as he scuttled the unemployment extension bill instead of bring it to the floor and risk open amendments.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The joke today was that the chamber got so quiet you could hear Obama's approval rating slip.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
              X