Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
    You are. Again. I'll go to sleep like a baby tonight while you'll be rustling and bustling about how I've owned you yet again. Goodnight sweet prince.
    right back at ya princess.

Comment

This is a good thread!

/my contribution
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        And where do you get this information from? Who is the higher authority?
        Simply an innate knowledge; you'd probably call it faith. It's as simple as knowing what I feel and feel connected to and going with it. As I've said, I don't need a second party to define or inform my love for my wife and kids, and I don't need it to relate to what I feel is in this milieu either, Gregg.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
          Simply an innate knowledge; you'd probably call it faith. It's as simple as knowing what I feel and feel connected to and going with it. As I've said, I don't need a second party to define or inform my love for my wife and kids, and I don't need it to relate to what I feel is in this milieu either, Gregg.
          Feelings can lie to us. Feeling something is right does not make it so. This will not mean much to this discussion, but when I put my feelings to the test of what Jesus has spoken through the Bible; it always turns out better if I do it his way.

If you were really honest about religion, it is not the religion that is the problem. It is man's feelings and how he bends the religion to justify the behavior. If man truly followed the teachings of Christ, you would not have the issues that you like to bring up. You like to bring up homosexuality has a sticking point. You know alot about scripture. What does Jesus Christ himself (through the Bible) tell us to do regarding this? Regardless of what some may feel, if they are to obey their God, they have to set feelings aside and follow the instruction. So what would that look like?

Comment

Feelings can lie to us. Feeling something is right does not make it so. This will not mean much to this discussion, but when I put my feelings to the test of what Jesus has spoken through the Bible; it always turns out better if I do it his way.

If you were really honest about religion, it is not the religion that is the problem. It is man's feelings and how he bends the religion to justify the behavior. If man truly followed the teachings of Christ, you would not have the issues that you like to bring up. You like to bring up homosexuality has a sticking point. You know alot about scripture. What does Jesus Christ himself (through the Bible) tell us to do regarding this? Regardless of what some may feel, if they are to obey their God, they have to set feelings aside and follow the instruction. So what would that look like?
            Man has the potential to do the same with science as well. Nothing is incorruptible on the planet.
            Last edited by ; 03-24-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Leviticus is a ridiculous collection of garbage and its ramifications have literally harmed people for far too long.
              Leviticus 19:33-34:
              "When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God."
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                There's never a good popcorn eating smilie around when you need one

Comment

Yeah, but what if they're taking our jobs and using our hospitals???? WHAT THEN?????

OK, OK. I got a little too hyperbolic with Leviticus. I still don't get why the "gays are an abomination" gets so much airplay while "shellfish and beards are also abominations" doesn't.
                  ...well for some of us shelfish are delicious, and men are not?

All kidding aside, this is another example of sinful men (all men are sinful) filtering scripture with feelings rather than what it says. By the way I believe the scripture is talking about the act rather than the individual. And if memory serves me well also mentions gossip.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                    You are. Again. I'll go to sleep like a baby tonight while you'll be rustling and bustling about how I've owned you yet again. Goodnight sweet prince.
                    I plead ignorance--what is QQing?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

That big one is kind of creepy...he just keeps staring at us. He is not even eating his popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                        I plead ignorance--what is QQing?
                        Crying the QQ are eyes with the hangy down thing as tears.

Buckner fancies himself as a hipster in the know of the cool things.

Comment

Crying.
                          Thanks.
                          I am so not cool.

Comment

I know this probably sounds dumb but I have my own relationship with God outside of an organized religion. I feel strongly connect and I am not perfect but I feel like I'm allright with the big guy.

I also have two Jehovah Witnesses in my office and they think so differently than I do that i'm pretty sure they think I am a pagan, weak-minded man who will be frowned upon.
                            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

That big one is kind of creepy...he just keeps staring at us. He is not even eating his popcorn.
                              His religion forbids it. He's a Staring, Popcorn Carrier, But Not Eat The Popcorn-ist. They are a splinter group from the Staring, Popcorn Carrier cult.

Comment

His religion forbids it. He's a Staring, Popcorn Carrier, But Not Eat The Popcorn-ist. They are a splinter group from the Staring, Popcorn Carrier cult.
                                Two posts in a religious thread... :Crazy:
                                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                                X