No announcement yet.

*** 1970's Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in for 25 (and you guys thought I had crap up to this point!), do we have list of who is in/out so we can adjust the order?
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Some of you will get a kick out of this. Chris Packham hosts an annual live nature show called Springwatch. He has become known for dropping in song references to his broadcasts.

This is the first time he did it, with Smiths song references ... this is the best one because of the strangeness of some Smiths song titles

Maybe more will appreciate the David Bowie series ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinch View Post
        I'm in for 25 (and you guys thought I had crap up to this point!), do we have list of who is in/out so we can adjust the order?
        Johnny made one on an earlier page. And you're up!
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
          1.03 Pretty Much Everything By The Smiths
          Very early on in 1983, NY DJ/producer Francois Kevorkian did a remix of their second single "This Charming Man" for dance clubs that included this fantastic B-side that basically removed Morrissey's vocals. Rough Trade label boss Geoff Travis loved it as well and this version was actually released before the proper single itself in England! Morrissey put a stop to that though. Aahh, what could have been... is this just the catchiest thing you ever heard?:

One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
            Very early on in 1983, NY DJ/producer Francois Kevorkian did a remix of their second single "This Charming Man" for dance clubs that included this fantastic B-side that basically removed Morrissey's vocals. Rough Trade label boss Geoff Travis loved it as well and this version was actually released before the proper single itself in England! Morrissey put a stop to that though. Aahh, what could have been... is this just the catchiest thing you ever heard?:

it is approximately the 4,567th catchiest thing i have ever heard
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Draft Status:

Out @ 15:

Senorsheep
              TheGaffer
              Swampdragon

"Just one more turn":

Eldiablo
              Pogues
              New Draft Order from Round 16:

1 Mith
              2 Overkill
              3 Chancellor
              4 Buckybuckner
              5 Lucky
              6 Revo
              7 Friarfan
              8 Johnny
              9 Stephen
              10 Mancalledfoot
              11 Erik
              12 Eldiablo
              13 Grinch
              14 Pogues
              15 DMT

Comment

• The Cohen album was on my list, but I kept figuring that if it fell this far it must mean no one likes it. I waited too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  The Cohen album was on my list, but I kept figuring that if it fell this far it must mean no one likes it. I waited too long.
                  It was a sleeper pick of mine. Controller J didn't pick I'm Your Man until the very end of hte 80's/90's Draft, so without him in the draft, I thought I was safe. I might not have had room for I'm Your Man, but I definitely wanted Songs of Love and Hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post

Johnny F'n Marr!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      15.17 Macho Man - Village People (1978)
                      Dude! Just....dude!

Possibly the biggest WTF moment of the draft

Comment

• 15.17 Macho Man - Village People (1978)

One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Are we allowed another live album in the supplemental rounds?
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Are we allowed another live album in the supplemental rounds?
                            I say why not because there is a live album that was not drafted that is pretty criminal. I can't draft it...
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              I say why not because there is a live album that was not drafted that is pretty criminal. I can't draft it...
                              Yup, was a coinflip between that one and Alive! for me

Comment

• The Village People. Um, OK, then.

I am not familar with the Cohen album, I only really know his earliest stuff.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X