No announcement yet.

*** 1970's Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revo---Boston was on my short list. I wore that album out! My mom got all upset when she saw the song title "foreplay" I told her it was all instrumental...what the band used to 'warm up before a gig----she had none of it, refused to listen when I tried to show her! My dad just shook his head......I thought he was shaking it at me, once I got married I understood that it was one of those "If she says she's right....don't cloud the issue with facts" moments.....no matter what....you're wrong!
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Sorry ... chaotic morning. This is the first chance I've had to get online ... I think I'm up.

Comment

• Blue was at the top of the list, and I was right that most of the rest would make it back.

I realized I was passing the The Clash by picking Born To Run ... no way that was getting that past FF and BB twice. Raw Power would have been in consideration, but I doubt I would have pulled that trigger. Loaded was on the list, but I would definitely have gambled that it slipped

If I were heading in the Soul / Funk direction early, I'd have picked Innervisions over What's Goin' On. But both great picks.

With 18 drafters this is tough ... so much off the table so soon.

Comment

• 'Blue' is a great one, deserving of its classic status even though Joni's vocal inflections always annoyed me.

Ever heard Nazareth's killer version of "This Flight Tonight"? #11 pop hit on the British charts in 1973:

One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• If anyone wanted my next pick, I am taking it because Johnny took Joni Mitchell "Blue", so blame Johnny.

Comment

• Blue was high on my list, grrrrr.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                I didn't want Raw Power. Really. I didn't. I didn't want it. I did not want Raw Power. Did not. No. No.

I DIDN'T WANT RAW POWER!
                Tee hee

Comment

• Friarfan
                  London Calling - The Clash (1979)
                  The Ramones - The Ramones (1976)
                  Raw Power - The Stooges (1973)

I'm detecting a theme here

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    Friarfan

Your next pick will be from 1970?

Comment

• Blue was on my list, but not something I would have taken this round. It's emotionally devastating.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Those are two great Cheap Trick songs there, Bucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Your next pick will be from 1970?
                          Heh.

Loaded was already taken and there's only one other record from 1970 that I could even conceive that he would want.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                            'Boston' is a classic of course, but "Don't Look Back' had us laughing at how blatantly they ripped themselves off.

A little surprised by the mini Santana run... not really on my radar, I'm a fan but never owned an LP of theirs.

Never was a Van Morrison guy, all I know from 'Moondance' is the title song and I don't love it much. I suppose I should give it a listen, but I did that before with 'Astral Weeks' and never got into that one either, sorry.

I saw Cheap Trick third-billed to Rush and UFO at the Palladium in 1977. I knew them from ads in Creem magazine, all I remember was Bun E. Carlos's solo with the giant drumsticks.

I like Mith's devotion to T-Rex, it's not very common. He picked the 2nd-best LP, though...

Not a fan of Bruce, Billy Joel or the Eagles.
                            Geez, and I thought I hated most 70s music.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Heh.

Loaded was already taken and there's only one other record from 1970 that I could even conceive that he would want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                                Friarfan

All albums near the top of my list?
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X