No announcement yet.

*** 1970's Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if it's a live album, but most if not all the material was never released on another album before, then for our purposes it's not considered a live album?
    That was just a suggestion to break the impasse rather than a rule declaration.

I imagine the pick will stand, so we need some sort of clarification.

Comment

• I change - pick is good - because it is new material - even though it is really a live album

Comment

• So in the end, the only loser is Chancellor. Sorry buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          So if it's a live album, but most if not all the material was never released on another album before, then for our purposes it's not considered a live album?
          Just as live albums of new material were allowed in the 80s/90s draft, they should be allowed in this one.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            So in the end, the only loser is Chancellor. Sorry buddy.
            How can we allow the pick but not let Chance have it?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Just as live albums of new material were allowed in the 80s/90s draft, they should be allowed in this one.
              But would it count as our only live album pick? Or just as a regular album?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                But would it count as our only live album pick? Or just as a regular album?
                Regular.

Comment

• Nice to see Bowie atop the leader board where he belongs... and at least three more draft-worthy albums.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    So in the end, the only loser is Chancellor. Sorry buddy.
                    Why? See Gaffer's post on the previous page.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Nice to see Bowie atop the leader board where he belongs... and at least three more draft-worthy albums.
                      Yeah he belongs ahead of Zeppelin I guess in this draft since he has so many eligible albums and the Bowie love is strong with these ones (Yoda imitation) he will rule the draft.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Yeah he belongs ahead of Zeppelin I guess in this draft since he has so many eligible albums and the Bowie love is strong with these ones (Yoda imitation) he will rule the draft.
                        It'll be interesting how many more Zep are picked. Bowie also won the 80s/90s H2H 2-0
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Bucky - you continue to destroy me. Dead Boys and Big Star. Ugh!!! When I was slotting Big Star on my list I said to myself "how do I grab this one before Bucky does?"

Comment

How can we allow the pick but not let Chance have it?
                            It's OK, while I'd love to have had it it's a lot simpler to move on. I'm OK with that.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                              There have always been live album where one or more of the tracks were cut in the studio and added. And plenty where the sound was sweetened, audience noise was added/subtracted, and tracks rearranged.

If a majority of the album's tracks were recorded out of the studio, in a music venue, it is a live album. I can't give examples one way or another without screwing up the "don't mention it" rule.

Thus let it be done.
                              The judge hath spoken.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I'm happy to give this to Chancellor, but we have to hear from him first, I guess. Or offer recompense through an eighth-round pick, which will of course mean my real live album pick will indeed be "Ethel Merman Sings the Yardbirds."

Comment

Working...
                                X