Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    It's not a humor institution, either.
    I beg to differ. It's a pretty funny joint. How many library directors do you know that can match me in the humor department?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I beg to differ. It's a pretty funny joint. How many library directors do you know that can match me in the humor department?
      All of them? They're generally some pretty funny ladies.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Mith can be a pretty funny lady when he tries.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Mith can be a pretty funny lady when he tries.
          I look great in heels too.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Hey, who doesn't?
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Mith is really Lisa Nova.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                Hey, who doesn't?

Yours have a little vomit on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Mith is really Lisa Nova.
                  The left one is 'Dewey', the right one is 'Decimal'

Comment

Since it's always a popular subject...and it's that time of the year...

Young lady doing her taxes online at the library asks me for some help. I help her answer a few of the generic questions, but then she asks me to explain filing Federal estimated taxes. I told her that I couldn't help her with any questions related to tax information. She asked me why not, with a little touch of bitterness. I told her that I'm not qualified to help you with any tax-related questions. She seemed ok with that answer.

I posted this because it never ceases to surprise me when people ask tax-related questions of librarians. I guess it's because so many patrons think librarians' are brilliant

I did tell her that although I have been harangued by many internet posters, I could not provide a price break for any copies she required of her finished tax form.
                    Whatever happened to Mith, anyway?
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      Whatever happened to Mith, anyway?
                      JD Martinez killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        JD Martinez killed him.
                        the only thing he hit hard all year
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Dis Mith bloke's library sounds like a happenin place....
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            completely luck...
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              JD Martinez killed him.
                              Whatever happened to Ken, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Whatever happened to The Feral Slasher, anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X