Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson Mandela, RIP

passed away today at age 95.

that crazy president of yours better watch out or he could become that bachelor president of yours ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The sign language guy on the stage was bluffing it: yahoo story
      "Jordaan said the interpreter seemed to simply be making up his own hand movements."

Do you think he practiced, or just got up there and started waving his hands around?
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

few people can deliver the stinkeye better than Michelle Obama....it's epic
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          The sign language guy on the stage was bluffing it: yahoo story
          "Jordaan said the interpreter seemed to simply be making up his own hand movements."

Do you think he practiced, or just got up there and started waving his hands around?
          Since he didn't do anything crazy like try to attack the president, I think this is absolutely hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Since he didn't do anything crazy like try to attack the president, I think this is absolutely hysterical.
            Hmmm. At other events, I would probably find this absolutely hysterical. At Nelson Mandela's memorial service, I think propriety was breached.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
            X