Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR MITHRANDIR

14.13 Hormonally Yours - Shakespeares Sister

Hormonally Yours is a wonderful, charming album. It is a beautifully quirky, emotionally rich, and nearly flawless pop record.

Comment

• 14.14 The Colour and the Shape - Foo Fighters
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• FOR LUCKY

14.15 Gaucho - Steely Dan (1980)

Comment

• Revo said it was OK to skip

FOR LUCKY

15.02 The Lonesome Jubilee - John Cougar Mellencamp (1987)

Last edited by johnnya24; 11-26-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Revo up anytime

Heyelander Up for 15.03

THAT's 15.03!!!!!!!!!! <----------------

It's not like I put JCM as 15.01 or anything
            Last edited by johnnya24; 11-26-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• 15.02 Forever Blue - Chris Isaak (1995)

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Numbering is off for this round.

15.04 AH VIA MUSICOM - Eric Johnson (1990)

Armed with excellent chops and a clear tone, Johnson took a tired formula and made it sound fresh again. Despite his talents on the fret board, he plays with great restraint and chose to explore a variety of styles, including rock, pop, blues, country, and jazz. While his singing is not quite as interesting as his guitar playing, it is not obtrusive and is at times quite pleasing. This recording has reached near-classic proportions within the guitar community.

This song is so damn great!! A combination of guitar mastery and an awesome melody!!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 14.16......"Shake Your Money Maker," The Black Crowes
                  Release Date: February 1990

15.01......"Empty Glass," Pete Townshend
                  Release Date: April 21, 1980

Comment

• 15.05 - Hell's Ditch - The Pogs (1990)

Ignacio lay dying in the sandA single red rose clutched in a dying handThe women wept to see their hero dieAnd the big black birds gathered in the sky Mother...
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• 15.06 - Heaven Or Las Vegas- The Cocteau Twins (1990)

Back to the opium den. Except this time it's on Venus, and it's not a Chinese lady a but a Scottish elf-woman singing in Venutian.

The epic finale above is one of their spooky, mysterious best. Nothing like the sound of harmony singing done really well.
                      One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• I was just chatting with a friend and told him about our draft and this was the first album he responded with, one I'd forgotten about. Apparently I'm not the only one, really surprised this is still available. Time to audible.

15.07 Double Nickels on the Dime - Minutemen (1984)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 15.09 Boy -- U2 (1980)

Arguably their second-most consistent after Joshua Tree, it also has some incredible high points including I Will Follow, Out of Control and An Cat Dubh. They were special from the get-go.

Last edited by Erik; 11-26-2013, 09:09 PM.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 15.10 No Fences, Garth Brooks (1990)

The Thunder Rolls, Friends in Low Places, Unanswered Prayers are the highlights, but this is a very strong album from top to bottom and stands up against today's country music very well. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I have a few go to albums when I'm in the mood for some twang is this is one of them.

Comment

• 15.12 - The Lion and the Cobra - Sinead O'Connor

https://&#91;URL="http://www.youtube.com...&#91;/URL&#93;

to many she is a cartoon, a blasphemer, a weirdo, a cute bald chick

but man her early stuff was great - loud and creepy

Comment

• 15.13 R. L. Burnside and Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - A Ass Pocket of Whiskey

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X