*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Over a large bottle of vodka, sometime around 2000/1, me and a college friend concluded that you could trace the end of a musical movement when Madonna appears on the scene and rips it off ... in the process ripping the soul out of it. Ray of Light's utter destruction of the Trip Hop movement was cited as the key source for this theory.

I see no reason to dispute this logic. Madonna is the grim reaper of popular music.
    I thought that role was played by Michael Bolton.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Sheesh there are some First Round type albums still out there.........
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        I thought that role was played by Michael Bolton.
        You might be right:

"Michael Bolton's Christmas Dubstep Bonanza" ($.9.99)

Hear your favourite Christmas ditties with a Dubstep stylie. Michael Bolton drops the bass on classics such as White Christmas, Silent Night and In The Bleak Mid Winter.

Comment

• Up the Irons! Great pick, figured you would be taking one, glad it wasn't my top choice.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Have you seen that documentary from their world tour? It's pretty bad-ass, Bruce Dickinson flew the friggin' jumbo jet!

And here's the whole damn thing!

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• The only thing I know about Iron Maiden is the kids who thought they were cool in JHS and HS wore denim jackets with something Iron Maiden-ish painted on the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                The only thing I know about Iron Maiden is the kids who thought they were cool in JHS and HS wore denim jackets with something Iron Maiden-ish painted on the back.
                You're welcome!
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  The only thing I know about Iron Maiden is the kids who thought they were cool in JHS and HS wore denim jackets with something Iron Maiden-ish painted on the back.
                  the 600sq ft pink stucco cottage 5 of us lived in for collage came with "Iorn Maiden" spray painted on the back....to this day, none of us can say it right because of that
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    michael franti?

almost an aging rocker who keeps going on and on
                    Why Michael Franti? Seems like a good dude to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Have you seen that documentary from their world tour? It's pretty bad-ass, Bruce Dickinson flew the friggin' jumbo jet!

And here's the whole damn thing!

I'm a sucker for rockumentaries ... there's another 2 hours of productivity down the drain South American and Japanese fans are the best ... crazy.

All that Searching for Sugar Man, and he was in Japan the whole friggin' time!

Comment

• Just picked up a live recording of Neutral Milk from 10/26. Ever the carp, I'll give them yet another try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                          Just picked up a live recording of Neutral Milk from 10/26. Ever the carp, I'll give them yet another try.
                          John 10/26

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                            Why Michael Franti? Seems like a good dude to me.
                            I could be persuaded - his vibe just doesnt seem genuine - but maybe I am wrong and will take it back - just check out his web site (or give me more about him)

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              I could be persuaded - his vibe just doesnt seem genuine - but maybe I am wrong and will take it back - just check out his web site (or give me more about him)
                              I dunno. I liked him a lot more when he was pissed off. More about that in, oh, fifteen picks or so.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues
                                Or maybe it was his theme music when he went to the arcade and blew $14.75 in quarters in an afternoon.
                                What can I say, I loved me some Q*Bert.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X