No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The above discussion has been leaning towards letting it stand. It was more of a play and a performance

and yes - you made no sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I figured no one else would want Bob Mould and knew it wasn't a first rounder with this crew.. or even a 15th rounder..i just wanted to pick my favorite album from the 80's and 90's with my first pick...
      You trickster!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        The above discussion has been leaning towards letting it stand. It was more of a play and a performance

and yes - you made no sense
        If no-one objects strenuously, I'll leave it. But it won't be considered a precedent for anything ... no matter how unjust that may seem.

Comment

• Just a friendly reminder to you young punks, you Nirvana/Pixies/Radiohead angst-merchants: some of your elders were walking around in black overcoats and drinking cough syrup listening to crap like that while you were riding Big Wheels and eating Cocoa Puffs DAMMIT.
          Was always more of a Rice Krispies kid

Nice pick. Another I consigned myself to losing when/if I didn't pick it at the turn.

Comment

• I just don't get the Neutral Milk Hotel thing. I'll give it another try... i'll throw a couple of songs on the youTube playlist, but I'm not too optimistic.
            One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
              I just don't get the Neutral Milk Hotel thing. I'll give it another try... i'll throw a couple of songs on the youTube playlist, but I'm not too optimistic.
              I'd recommend listening to the entire album, hearing a couple random songs as part of a larger mix won't have the same impact.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

I just don't get the Neutral Milk Hotel thing. I'll give it another try... i'll throw a couple of songs on the youTube playlist, but I'm not too optimistic.
                Maybe it's one of those records that needs to sink in before it clicks ... Two Headed Boy Pt 2 and In The Aeroplane Over The Sea are the stand out tracks for me. Ask someone else, you'll get 2 different tracks. There isn't a weak song on the record, and IMO it plays best as a start to finish LP ... it's old fashioned like that. I hate it when people say modern albums are just collections of singles. That's just stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  I should have just left stupid Rage Against the Machine. I made the time-proven fantasy mistake of assuming that "my guy" would still be there in a later round. My draft is shot. Life is meaningless.
                  Coming from the same guy who used to ridicule us for even having these music drafts? MWUHAHAHAHA
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I never did that. Of course, having Normal Milk Head or whatever selected before PE is ridicule-worthy.
                    My apologies then; I distinctly recall you poking fun at us during one of the drafts, but my memory isn't too reliable anymore.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      My apologies then; I distinctly recall you poking fun at us during one of the drafts, but my memory isn't too reliable anymore.
                      D.istinct M.emory T.roubles
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I should have just left stupid Rage Against the Machine. I made the time-proven fantasy mistake of assuming that "my guy" would still be there in a later round. My draft is shot. Life is meaningless.
                        That's why I took "Black Sheets of Rain" in the first round
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          D.istinct M.emory T.roubles
                          D.evolved M.ental T.alent
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I thought ElD was going to take PE in round 1.....and I'm fine with the "Stop Making Sense" pick
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I'm not so surprised at PE going... their albums are always staples of 'Best Of' lists. I fully expected their 2 or 3 biggies to go (just not by me).
                              One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

I'm not so surprised at PE going... their albums are always staples of 'Best Of' lists. I fully expected their 2 or 3 biggies to go (just not by me).
                                Yeah ... ITANOMTHUB was always getting drafted. Massive miscalculation by Diablo.

Comment

Working...
                                X