Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    who ARE you?
    When was the last time I argued with anyone?

Here's some cute kittens in cups:

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I like the Violent Femmes pick. Had them on my long list, but wouldn't have picked them so high. With many drafters preferencing the 80's, I didn't realistically think they'd be an option. I have lots of picks like that.
      The Femmes were going to be my pick, ok, have to shift gears.
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I was hoping that Remain in Light would make it back - Now I can hope that my next pick doesn't get snagged by FB too

Comment

• Was hoping you'd make my next decision easier

Comment

• Johnny - you got 2 and then back to FB

Comment

• I have 1, then Mith has 1, then I got another

Comment

Not doing a separate double blind for 1 player.

I used Random.org to generate Mith's position after the first round ... gave me the 4 slot.

Mith has to make 1 pick at the end of round 1. He will then will draft from the 4 slot for the remainder of the draft. I will update the draft order at the end of the round to avoid confusion.
                Bump.

Comment

• I think Mith was around when made this ruling - I hope Mith 2.0 is around - the mob will get pitchforks and torches pretty soon

Yay MITH 2.0 - douse those torches and go back to farming

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    I think Mith was around when made this ruling - I hop Mith 2.0 is around - the mob will get pitchforks and torches pretty soon
                    It's not his pick.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I thought sheep was going to take The Bends at 1.07, pretty surprised it made it to 15. Remain In Light was in the top tier for my next pick.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Remain in Light was definitely a first round pick

Comment

• I'm going to have to watch a ton of albums go by after my next pick.....pretty scary
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I know there are a ton of hardcore Husker Du fans in the draft, but a Bob Mould solo record at 1.16 seems like a terrible waste of a 1st rounder. Surely there is a great chance that record (which I have never heard off incidentally) makes it back at 2.13 ... and may fall much farther.

Interesting draft strategy
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 11-10-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I know there are a ton of hardcore Husker Du fans in the draft, but a Bob Mould solo record at 1.16 seems like a terrible waste of a 1st rounder. Surely there is a great chance that record (which I have never heard off incidentally) makes it back at 2.13 ... and may fall much farther.
                              You are probably correct Johnny, but I picked it because it might well be my favorite album from the 80's and 90's. I doubt if anyone else would even pick it and i am pretty confident that most of the albums i pick will not be picked by the rest of the drafters so it won't really matter which round i pick my albums.

I am picking in order of my favorite albums of these two decades, not basing my picks on what i think you guys might take.

And besides it's THE one album i had to have!
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                You are probably correct Johnny, but I picked it because it might well be my favorite album from the 80's and 90's. I doubt if anyone else would even pick it and i am pretty confident that most of the albums i pick will not be picked by the rest of the drafters so it won't really matter which round i pick my albums.

I am picking in order of my favorite albums of these two decades, not basing my picks on what i think you guys might take.

And besides it's THE one album i had to have!
                                That's fair enough ... there isn't a single record that you want from these 2 decades that no-one else would want?

That'll be an interesting list ... you do know it's one record per artist per person?

Comment

Working...
                                X