No announcement yet.

Microwave ovens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think foxes put off some rank odors though.

I've found that a damp paper towel over anything I'm microwaving makes it come out better.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Our microwave broke a few years ago, and we realized we didn't need one. Helps if you have a popcorn popper and a rice cooker.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        Helps if you have a popcorn popper
        do you have one of those air poppers, or just do it on the stove? i told my wife we should do that (one or the other), because it has always seemed to me that microwave popcorn isn't as good, but she just looked at me like i was an alien.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          do you have one of those air poppers, or just do it on the stove? i told my wife we should do that (one or the other), because it has always seemed to me that microwave popcorn isn't as good, but she just looked at me like i was an alien.
          We have a hot air popper and it works like a charm...but Mrs. SDS likes kettle corn so that means microwave. I haven't seen any hot air kettle corn...
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Air popper. Does she give you the same look when you probe a hillbilly?
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I've found that a damp paper towel over anything I'm microwaving makes it come out better.
              Why are you microwaving foxes?!
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                We have a hot air popper and it works like a charm...but Mrs. SDS likes kettle corn so that means microwave. I haven't seen any hot air kettle corn...
                have you tried yard sales? You can get everything there, cheap! Of course someone has peed in it all, but that's just something you have to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Why are you microwaving foxes?!
                  it's a lot easier than cooking them in a fry pan. It's a bitch getting them in, but once you do you can slam the door on them. They just jump out of pots and pans. The oven works too, but it's a lot easier to clean a microwave.

Comment

have you tried yard sales? You can get everything there, cheap! Of course someone has peed in it all, but that's just something you have to accept.
                    Damn, I didn't know about that pee thing!

We've had a couple of yard sales but I never peed on anything before selling it...I will try that this summer. Must bring a measure of satisfaction to pee on something before selling it. Probably get more for the dried pee things than freshly peed-on things...little sales tip there!
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

it's a lot easier than cooking them in a fry pan. It's a bitch getting them in, but once you do you can slam the door on them. They just jump out of pots and pans. The oven works too, but it's a lot easier to clean a microwave.
                      You do have a point there.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The oven works too, but it's a lot easier to clean a microwave.
                        Again...the wet paper towel comes in handy...as long as you didn't get the roll of paper towels at a yard sale

Comment

it definitely gave off an orginal smell. but honestly it was an enchanting type of musk. after i put it back in it's foxhole, i sort of missed it. even in an odiferous way.

is that a word? i think i spelled it right first try.

Comment

I've always suspected you astronomers were just doing a Ford Prefect and waiting for some instrument to go off that told you it's time to go home. Making popcorn on the stove-- that seals it, you otherworldly freak.
                            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              You do have a point there.
                              A fry pan? Yeah, I could see how that's tough but have you ever tried getting one into the toaster? Now'n I ain't talkin' about onea them newfangled toaster-ovens nor neither those East Coasty wide mouth bagel toasters. No, I'm talking about getting a pair of foxes in that old Hamilton Beach two slice job without losin' a finger. That's why I'm microwavin' foxes from now on, I tells ya.
                              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                                A fry pan? Yeah, I could see how that's tough but have you ever tried getting one into the toaster? Now'n I ain't talkin' about onea them newfangled toaster-ovens nor neither those East Coasty wide mouth bagel toasters. No, I'm talking about getting a pair of foxes in that old Hamilton Beach two slice job without losin' a finger. That's why I'm microwavin' foxes from now on, I tells ya.
                                Definitely don't try to put foxes in your secret toaster at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X