Lou Reed draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Reed draft

Someone mentioned it, let's see if we can get enough on board to get it going.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I was thinking of a more wide ranging draft since we haven't done one in a while ... but I'm in.

Kinda like the idea of getting VU playlist going!

Comment

I'll do it. Presumably this will cover solo work and VU.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I'm not sure I can pull this one off. I don't go far past Rock 'n Roll Animal, and I actively disliked him from the late 70s on. I have to pass.
        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

I PM'd some of the usual music-draft suspects, but Lucky, revo and swampdragon all passed and the others haven't responded. So it looks like the chances of this occurring are about the same as that of Richard Nixon showing up to one of Andy Warhol and VU's "happenings."
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            I PM'd some of the usual music-draft suspects, but Lucky, revo and swampdragon all passed and the others haven't responded. So it looks like the chances of this occurring are about the same as that of Richard Nixon showing up to one of Andy Warhol and VU's "happenings."
            Yeah I didn't see it happening ... just too narrow.

But I think we should do something more expansive. I was thinking of this:

Post-1979 Album draft (post-classic rock), with the nuance that you have to still want to listen to any album you pick, and defend your selection on that basis

... should get a good participation level as it doesn't exclude any tastes or preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Yeah I didn't see it happening ... just too narrow.

But I think we should do something more expansive. I was thinking of this:

Post-1979 Album draft (post-classic rock), with the nuance that you have to still want to listen to any album you pick, and defend your selection on that basis

... should get a good participation level as it doesn't exclude any tastes or preferences.
              I'd be into a Post-1979 Album Draft.

A Lou Reed draft I'd have to sit out on. I'm just not knowledgeable enough to be viable for that.

Comment

I'll go post 1979
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I'd do the album draft, but Lou Reed I know so little about I'm actually a bit ashamed.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                  X