Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the best things you've ever bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the best things you've ever bought?

Don't know if a thread like this was ever posted before, but I've never seen one. Anyway, a good thread I think since people are calling for more posts.

I've lived for a while and bought a lot of stuff. I like to think most of the stuff I've bought has been worthwhile at least to some degree. But one of the best things I ever bought was something I got w the first paycheck I ever had. There used to be a bookshop in the DC area called Brentano's. They were having a sale (about 25% off I think), and the London Times Atlas was marked down from $70 to around $55. I've always loved maps and it's a very good atlas so I got it. I regularly use it to look up places that I hear and read about. The use and fun I've gotten out of it has been worth many times the cost. Just a small purchase but it stands out as one of the best.

How about you?

TSA Precheck for $100

Keychain bottleopener for $3
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Easily number 1 was my divorce. Others include my 61" Samsung(thanks Stephen), Amazon Prime membership and my $6 bottle of liquid ass (that has paid for itself over and over )

Comment

My kindle that I have had for about 5 years and countless business trips
        My Lands End sandals that I have had for 8+ years now and are still going strong
        My $100 Sennheiser headphones that I listen to every day at work

Comment

off the top of my head ...

Sanuks, love wearing them in the summer.
          Dyson portable vacuum; cordless & handheld makes it simple to use.
          Bose soundlink bluetooth speaker - use it often to listen to international radio.
          Jura coffee maker; expensive but love being able to buy whatever beans we want (as opposed to the nespresso & similar types).
          Got a high quality juicer - don't use it too often but love the results when we do.
          Just got a chomecast - for $35 seems like a simple way to stream movies & shows to my tv.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Over the years (it's usually the little things I remember):

Ergonomic Office Chair (no more back problems)
            SSD for PC (adds 5x to the speed of even older PC's & laptops)
            Anti-Allergenic pillows (I must have some sort of dust allergy ...)

Worst thing:

Home Gym (aka clothes horse)

Comment

My Oakley polarized shades. Bright sunlight just kills my sensitive eyes.

Comment

getting TSA precheck for free
                My leaf vaccuum

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  TSA Precheck for $100
                  Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  getting TSA precheck for free
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Got a comcast dvr now, but from back in the day TiVO!
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

- 73" TV
                      - iPad 3 (buh bye laptop)
                      - Kindle (I've read more books in 2 years than I did in the last 10 years)

Comment

oh, I forgot one - my condo. I sure don't miss cutting the grass or shovelling snow ... or commuting ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

2004 Honda Civic. 200,000 miles and never a problem aside from the occasional flat tire/dead battery that all cars get.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I use my phone now but my GPS. Love taking it on trips to visit friends and relatives -could just leave on my own and find my way back to their house.
                            50 inch smart tv.
                            I too just got an iPad so much nicer then lugging my laptop around it also doubles for my reader as I also have gotten back into reading. Plus joined the twitter crowd.

Comment

Working...
                            X