Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Lou Reed

One of the best.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Wow shocked.

He had been so much more active in the last year.

Comment

Damn.

Comment

Lou Reed always seemed great....Iggy is the Keith Richards of Lou's generation, that's the one that will get me...
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

A couple of tributes from this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/96T360YblFY (The Killlers: Pale Blue Eyes) - very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeYK4Dm835k (Pearl Jam: Waiting for the man) - pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgatNaa7Aw0#t=20 (Pearl Jam: Daughter/Take a walk on the wild side) - just OK

Comment

RIP to one of the greats. He expanded the possibilities of what rock could do just as much as any of the Beatles did.

Since there was some discussion in the "no one posts here anymore" thread about the need for another draft, maybe we could do a Lou Reed/VU draft?
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

There's a new book coming out that doesn't paint a pretty picture of Reed. I don't really care for his music much, but apparently those that do knew he was considered a major prick.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                There's a new book coming out that doesn't paint a pretty picture of Reed. I don't really care for his music much, but apparently those that do knew he was considered a major prick.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...a-monster.html
                Yea doubt this comes as a surprise to many of his fans. Have to separate the art from the artist.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Critical darling whose music I never cared for.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I just have his "Different Times" cd in my collection. But, i really love the live extended version of "Sweet Jane" on there. RIP Lou Reed.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He was notoriously cantankerous. Even more of a curmudgeon than Zappa.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                      X