Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much trouble will I be in once my mom finally gets the joke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much trouble will I be in once my mom finally gets the joke?

------------------------------
    email #1, from my mom:

Scott,
    I bought 4 sets of the architecture legos for Owen – 2 for now & 2 for Christmas. I have the 2 big sets of the White House & United Nations Headquarters plus the smaller sets of the Seattle Space Needle and the Empire State Building. Please don’t let anyone else buy these sets. If you decide that next weekend would be better for you because of Owen’s sleep over just let us know. We can do either weekend.
    Mom

Me:
    Does the UN set have the Ban Ki-moon action figure? Not all the U.N. sets have that, and he's a big Ki-moon fan.

Mom:
    I didn’t see any figures with any of the sets. Can you get them separate at the Lego Store? I’ll have to look when I get home. I will forward this to my email at home so I can check.

Me:
    Make sure it's not one of the older sets with Koffi Annan or Boutros Boutros Ghali. The Ban Ki-moon figure is fully reticulated and glows in the dark.

Mom:
    I’ll check but these looked like a brand new display at King Arthur’s Court. Do all sets have figures or just the larger ones?

Me:
    And make sue the White House set has Barack Obama. The Bill Clinton ones came with McDonald's french fries and we don't want the kids thinking fast food is presidential.

awaiting next reply
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

when she tries to return the white house set to some 19 year old lego dweeb cashier to make sure she's got Obama.....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Bonus points for using the word "reticulated."
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Bonus points for using the word "reticulated."
        I was sure she'd get it at that point. I got away with it anyway, she finally called to figure out what I was talking about and I gave up. She's got a good sense of humor. My only regret is not saying the Clinton set was covered in french fry grease.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
        X