X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Up Comedy

Anyone got any good stand up links?

Amy Schumer's got a nice style ...

I'm going to http://oddballfest.com tonight. I'll let you know if I see anyone new that I like.

If you haven't heard any Mitch Hedberg before, look him up.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      My wife is headed out to see Dave Chappelle and Flight of the Conchords on Sunday in Phoenix.
      I'm watching Dave Chappelle right now.

Comment

John Caparulo (sp?) has had me laughing on XM.

has one about how if your dog has a bigger.. than he does, he should have to wear pants.
        and another on being a Cleveland fan, and someone saying SD has had a longer title drought, but those fans don't have icicles on their... when the season ends.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Has anyone ever considered, or actually tried, an amateur night performance? I've thought about it in the past, but only recently have I thought I could do it without throwing up on the stage.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I once attended an amateur night with a colleague as an act many moons ago, and found it fascinating.

Basically they put the most hapless acts very early and very late, so there were few in attendance.

The decent rookies got the early spots, my friend got midpoint, the best acts followed, and the other strugglers tried to close the night with the drunks.

The club had a very good handle on the talent level so my pal topped other rivals. Not sure the "shrimp balls" bit killed, but he did ok considering.

This is some people's biggest fear but not mine, and I could do ok like my pal, but anyone who hasn't done it but thinks they are sure to rock the room is insane. You have to have the material and hit the pacing and have an open-minded audience or...

#crickets
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Can't find a better quality clip ... this episode was awesome.

Comment

Pablo Francisco "Little Tortilla Boy"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  This is some people's biggest fear but not mine, and I could do ok like my pal, but anyone who hasn't done it but thinks they are sure to rock the room is insane. You have to have the material and hit the pacing and have an open-minded audience or...

#crickets
                  I have no idea if I'd be any good or not, just one of those bucket list things, I guess. I know it's very hard to do well...and maybe if I wrote down the bits I came up with over the years that I think would have a chance at getting some laughs, I'd try it. Alas, I haven't.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

From the show last night: you should watch Jim Jefferies.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

If anyone can find these routines from the late 1980s/early 1990s, I'd be grateful: "Trifocals" from Bill Cosby & "Chinese Restaurant" from Bobby Slayton.
                      Last edited by revo; 09-22-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

John Mulaney - The Best Meal Ever. Audio with a slideshow added by somebody. sfw, but not quiet.

Mulaney currently a writer for SNL, and well known for having attained a remarkably polished style at a young age.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          John Mulaney - The Best Meal Ever. Audio with a slideshow added by somebody. sfw, but not quiet.

Mulaney currently a writer for SNL, and well known for having attained a remarkably polished style at a young age.
                          Really dig Mulaney. His sitcom was just picked up by Fox (I think). Good for him

Patton Oswalt continues to be the best stand-up going.

I will be introducing my daughter to religion by showing her this...

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post

I will be introducing my daughter to religion by showing her this...

... Here's the one I'll use - Bill Burr

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Anyone got any good stand up links?

Amy Schumer's got a nice style ...

If you like Shumer, you should like her ex, Anthony Jeselnik, my current favorite. Going to see him this Sunday night in Orlando. NSFW

Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Working...
                              X