Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenes From A Flash Flood

From the Denver Post photo gallery:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I was hiking in the storm that spawned the Big Thompson Canyon flood in 1976, which killed 144 people. Heavy rain in Colorado is serious.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I read somewhere that flash floods are the most dangerous kind of natural disaster.

Comment

Scary stuff. Hope you weren't affected too adversely.

We had one here in Toronto in July ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

scary shit Sheep. Hope you are high and dry.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The first person who died in the floods was found in my father's back yard. There's a tiny stream that runs through the back of his property (like 1 foot wide, 2 inches deep) that is now 10 feet wide and 5 feet deep, and some people who were higher up the mountain hit some debris in the road and flipped their car and one of them ended up in the stream and washed up there. Their house is okay for now since they're up the mountain a little way but it's still scary.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I saw that gallery earlier today....so depressing

Comment

Working...
                      X