No announcement yet.

Yeah so global warming huh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everything said, and you probably know, but it's important that everyone knows. the guy that discovered global warming in the 50's in Hawaii who was was a republican never thought it would become a political issue.

it's important to go back to the beginning.

Comment

• In the ongoing tracking of unusual events ...

Whale deaths in Gulf of Alaska spark concern

KODIAK, ALASKA—Researchers are scrambling to determine what’s behind the death of 30 whales in the Gulf of Alaska as unusually warm ocean temperatures continue to wreak havoc on the region.

Since May 2015, 14 fin whales, 11 humpback whales, one gray whale and four unidentified specimens have been found dead along shorelines in the Gulf of Alaska, nearly half of them in the Kodiak Archipelago. Other dead whales have been reported off the coast of British Columbia, including four humpbacks and one sperm whale.

This year’s total is roughly three times the annual average for the region, leading the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to declare the deaths an “unusual mortality event.”
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• meh, the conservatives don't believe in science though thay have to tell you that over a cell phone or the internet, but again science is just a theory.

fuckin tards
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          meh, the conservatives don't believe in science though thay have to tell you that over a cell phone or the internet, but again science is just a theory.

fuckin tards
          That's technology not science.

I do not understand conservatives that don't agree with global warming. I really believe it is more of an older generation conservative (baby boomers and older). You have to look very hard not to see that climate is changing.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post

I do not understand conservatives that don't agree with global warming. I really believe it is more of an older generation conservative (baby boomers and older). You have to look very hard not to see that climate is changing.
            The Republicans successfully turned it into a political issues and they can't fathom their side being wrong. Like GITH said.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

fuckin tards
              Still using that slur.....cool. Do you use any others?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                Still using that slur.....cool. Do you use any others?
                No got any new ones for me?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post

I should have phrased it better, but you know my meaning all that advanced mumbo jumbo some people refuse to take the time to understand better.

Do you sometimes wonder what these people's grandchildren and great grandchildren are going to be saying about their climate change denying relatives and how those dear grand folk handed them a nig pile of garbage to deal with.

If that's even going to be possible in 70 years.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No got any new ones for me?
                    I figured you didn't....you seem like a guy who'd only mock 'tards.

Comment

And One Jay.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

What Pogues said.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I'm sure most of you have heard about "97% of climate scientists agree that humans have caused global warming" or something similar. (http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024) But what about that other 3%? Well, turns out they're generally cherry picking data and pulling other ridiculous shenanigans in order to fit the science into their political predispositions.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...trarian-papers
                          I was looking at comments and cant understand the reasoning of deniers - i just cant see the "logic" - hopefully no high level officials in US politics have that same level of misunderstanding of science as the deniers

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            I was looking at comments and cant understand the reasoning of deniers - i just cant see the "logic" - hopefully no high level officials in US politics have that same level of misunderstanding of science as the deniers
                            Did you see this?

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• For the first time in recorded history, three hurricanes have been detected in the Pacific Ocean.

we don't have any RJ members in Hawaii, do we?
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• So in June the administration green lights Shell to begin off shore drilling in the Arctic and in September, he returns with new climate change policy.
                                That takes some pretty big stones.....

Comment

Working...
                                X