No announcement yet.

Yeah so global warming huh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never fail to be amazed how we're 90 minutes away from Buffalo (here in Toronto) & have virtually no snow, and they get 6 feet!!!

It's Nov. 19 ... almost 5 more months of this to go ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

My favourite Buffalo pic ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        I never fail to be amazed how we're 90 minutes away from Buffalo (here in Toronto) & have virtually no snow, and they get 6 feet!!!

It's Nov. 19 ... almost 5 more months of this to go ...

It takes a lot of snow to make hell freeze over.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          It takes a lot of snow to make hell freeze over.
          nicely played.

Comment

Stephen Colbert ‏@StephenAtHome
            Global warming isn't real because I was cold today! Also great news: World hunger is over because I just ate.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              Stephen Colbert ‏@StephenAtHome
              Global warming isn't real because I was cold today! Also great news: World hunger is over because I just ate.
              That doesn't work. World Hunger is over, except we can't deliver the food.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                That doesn't work. World Hunger is over, except we can't deliver the food.

J
                I'm sure all the people struggling to find food will be delighted to hear that world hunger is over. You probably think you sound clever, but you just come off as a smug, uncompassionate jerk.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I'm sure all the people struggling to find food will be delighted to hear that world hunger is over. You probably think you sound clever, but you just come off as a smug, uncompassionate jerk.
                  Know your Role!
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    I said we have enough food to feed everyone. The problem is getting food to the people in need. Simple factual statements.

Try reading before commenting so you don't come off as a smug, uncompassionate jerk.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Know your Role!
                    From the expert.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think onejayhawk is a very literal person. I understand why his comment could be misconstrued - and perhaps it would help if he could recognize that - but it also would help if other posters didn't jump to conclusions. People communicate differently, and I find it helpful to "consider the source" - which too often is used as an insult, but it need not be one. It's ok if we don't all communicate in exactly the same way.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

Try reading before commenting so you don't come off as a smug, uncompassionate jerk.

J
                        Because as you've proven before in Highlander fashion, there can be only one....
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Did you see Sheldon Whitehouse's response to "the Senator with the snowball'?

Someone call the burn unit

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Republican Senator Jim Inhofe just brought a snowball to the Senate floor to prove that global warming is a hoax (he also once built an igloo to disprove global warming --- I am honestly not making this up.)

It would just be yet another in a looooooooooong line of eye-rolling moments for the anti-science party, but this man sits on the United States Senate Environment and Public Works Subcommittee on Oversight!!!!

You can just chalk it up to garden-variety stupidity but voting in Republicans to office has consequences. What a complete and total moron this guy is. We, the people, elected Inhofe to one of the most powerful positions in the entire country and he sits on the subcommittee aimed at environmental oversight.

I am so embarrassed he's from Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              I am so embarrassed he's from Oklahoma.
                              Aw shucks

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                It's hard for me to stomach.

It's not just that this guy is a climate change denier. It's not just that he's a politician. It's not just that he's a powerful and influential politician. It's not just that he's a Senator. It's that he has a much bigger say in environmental policy than nearly anyone else in the entire country.

This guy can make climate policy. The moron who said that "evolution, the Big Bang theory, are all just lies from the pits of hell" was on the Committee of Science and Technology, for god's sake! So was the dipshit who said that female bodies have ways to shut down "legitimate rape"!!!!

We should be condemning these guys in the strongest ways possible. Instead, we are running them and their ilk out to campaign for President. It is embarrassing.
                                It is embarrassing but we elect dipshits like this because a huge portion of our country is full of total morons. We can criticize politicians all we want but until our citizenry as a whole pulls its collective head out of its ass, we'll continue to put complete morons into positions of power.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X