2013 - 2014 Bowling Thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hacko View Post
    Thanks tonight - is the night. I am looking forward to it. I never mind losing but I am highly competitive so it will get the juices flowing. We have a very strange mixed of bowlers.
    I lead off - The lefty and old man of the bunch - I start talking about the 70's and early 80's and I get blank looks - then I remember they weren't even born then. They do enjoy my Vintage draft stories tho.
    2nd bowler - in one of those guys if you upset him will bowl like shit - so we have to keep him happy
    third guy tonight is the bowler we pick up this year whose last name is gabowski (or something like that) we call him all different type names - gibinski/Gabowskiwitz... a very steady bowler.
    4th bowler - is a guy we call bloody Mary - He usually buys a Pitcher of Bloody mary and drinks it as we bowl - after supposedly drinking a vast amount of beer before he came. he owns about 10 balls a switches all night long he is usually good for a couple of Gutter ball / Spare on the second ball a night . We call them Bloody Spares.
    5th - Our Anchor - is a Guy who Cradles the ball in his Thumb and throws a Big Sweeping curve He usually throws a so so first game then hits 220 on the last 2 but he usually will always win us the game if it comes down to the last frame and it up to him if we win or lose - even on his crap game .

It will be fun
    Well???
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Well???
      no go
      We bowl right around our average but were up against a hot team never had a chance(and a good team)they were right around if not over a 1000 pins a game

Comment

So we were in first place by 1.5 points going into last night. We had a 17.5 lead on the 3rd place team. The 3rd place team took 31 of 35 from the 2nd place team. We took 32 of 35 from the team we bowled last night. So we will be 18.5 points up going into the roll-off.

I started the night with a 266 and before I bowled the 10th frame one of the lanes on our set broke so we got moved to another set of lanes. On the new set I could seem to get lined up on the right hand side so I didnt throw a double the rest of the night. Total series 655.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          So we were in first place by 1.5 points going into last night. We had a 17.5 lead on the 3rd place team. The 3rd place team took 31 of 35 from the 2nd place team. We took 32 of 35 from the team we bowled last night. So we will be 18.5 points up going into the roll-off.

I started the night with a 266 and before I bowled the 10th frame one of the lanes on our set broke so we got moved to another set of lanes. On the new set I could seem to get lined up on the right hand side so I didnt throw a double the rest of the night. Total series 655.
          Nice 266! My league has 4 more weeks left. Long season. I hope they shorten it next season.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Well we won the second half last Thursday night I had a solid 620ish series. Now its on the bowl for the League Championship. We threw away our chance to defend the championship last year, so we are looking to get back that which we let go of last year.

2 Championships in 3 years would be sweet!
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Well we won the second half last Thursday night I had a solid 620ish series. Now its on the bowl for the League Championship. We threw away our chance to defend the championship last year, so we are looking to get back that which we let go of last year.

Good Luck!

My league has position night this upcoming Monday and then the League Championship the following Monday.

Championship is the top 2 teams each half bowling together and the team with the highest 3 game total wins the championship.

My team won the first half but if we finish in 1st or 2nd this half we would lower the teams bowling for the championship to 3 instead of 4..so we do have something to bowl for this Monday.

Comment

Did you bowl for the championship yet?

Comment

Sorry for no update - I was out of town since Friday. We bowled last Thursday night for the Championship and have now tied the MN Lynx with 2 Championships in the last 3 years. We needed 18 points to win and took a total of 20 - holding on to totals for the evening in the last game even though we lost 4 head to head matches in the last game.

I had a 664 on Thursday so I finished the end of the year just over 200. Considering I was at 193 at the mid-point of the year Im happy I was able to add 7 pins to the avg and finish at 200. I was shooting for 210, but the start I had was so horrible it was hard to overcome (185 at wk 3).

Comment

Working...
                  X